Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Default Anyone stayed in the Chalets at the Ulbster Arms?

Hi All,

I am heading back to the Thurso next year and with a view to saving some cash Iím wondering what the Chalets at the Ulbster Arms are like.

We normally stay in the Lodges which are very nice, but if anybody had any experience, or even better, photos, of the Chalets it would be much appreciated in helping me make up my mind!

Many thanks.
    Oscar.

Yes, I've used them for years. Plenty of space with en suite facilities - beds are comfortable.
    They are fairly basic compaired with the other accommodation .One big issue is they aren't that well sound proofed . Heating is by electric wall heaters with fan heater in the bathrooms . Decor is a bit dated although they were redecorated a few years ago.Not to everyones taste , frankly I'm happy to save a couple of hundred quid and walk across the car park into the Ulbster !!
    I did go in the Comm in March and have to say thats probably better and still a saving over the lodges and main hotel...... particularly as it's all gone up again next season !!
    Be advisable to speak to them soonest as they are really popular .... you may be out of luck, just secured a week in July & had to go in the Comm'

Adey

Hotel is my Favourite place to stay when in Caithness. Iíve had to use the chalets a couple of times at short notice when hotel full. For a fishing break, with potentially silly hours, Iíd have no hesitation. You have the amenity of the hotel/ bar 2 minutes away, they are basic clean and warm I m e. Dunno what the prices look like now but Iíd consider recycling the room saving into more than covering bar tab.
    Z.

Thanks both, excellent advice!

I have been offered the full range so am just considering options. From what Iíve heard - and given it can be chilly in October - I think Iíll go with the Commy as a middle ground option.

Cheers,
    Oscar.