Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Default Help get cormorants on the General Licence to shoot them

When i read about the perils of drinking whisky..............................i gave up reading!!

This should be pinned (admins)

I have completed mine, took 10 minutes, make a cuppa and sit down for 10 minutes and send this off, we may be able to get cormorants added to the general licence to shoot them if we make the effort. Don't sit back waiting on others, each and every one of us need to act while we have a good opportunity.
    When i read about the perils of drinking whisky..............................i gave up reading!!

Already done it, goosanders too - I pointed out that they weren't recorded as resident (breeding) birds until the late 1800's & therefore should be classified as any other invasive species.

Don't hold your' breath though.

Regards, Tyke.

I thought the general licence only applied in England and therefore this review will have no effect in Scotland, regardless of the outcome. The last time England was allowed some control of numbers of these pests, the Scottish government refused to allow any change in protected status; they advised me at the time that they didn`t see them as a pest and on no account would they allow their protected status to be removed.
    Last edited by salmo76; 05-11-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Filled it in. No wonder the country is in a bad way with so much paper and time wasted. Bob.