Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  71
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Rio Grande- Argentina

Anyone any experience of the lodges in Argentina, I may be in the market for a February trip but never even set foot on the continent.

I have had twenty weeks fishing on the Rio Grande and the best lodge I know is Despedida. You get more time on very good pools. Other lodges can involve set start times involving a long drive sat in the truck. Some lodges try to charge way over the odds.

I went down to TDF earlier this year and fished the Rio Irigoyen in March. It's a much smaller river than the Rio Grande and very sheltered from the wind, so if you like fishing a single hander or switch rod it's well worth a look.

The Rio Grande does have bigger fish on average and usually higher numbers per rod, but the Irigoyen is an amazing place to visit. Average size around 7-8lbs and we had several over 15lbs during the week, the biggest being an 18 pounder. Rod average was around 2-3 per rod per day. The lodge i stayed at only accommodates 4 per week on 15 miles of river and is more budget-friendly than most Rio Grande lodges.

Here are a few shots. Just thought i'd throw this option out there for you! Drop me a PM if you like, i'd be very happy to give you some more info.

Last edited by atlanticspringer; 22-11-2019 at 09:11 PM.

I could not agree more to Atlanticspringer remarks! the Yrigoien river is one of the most exciting places I have been for seatrout fishing: the location, the landscape, the lodge and the guides all make it a wonderful and unique place! Where else can you fish in the company of penguins? I went there four times! I have also fished the Grande and Gallegos, but not the same, not to mention the wind!!!
    I see that Frontiers has some offers for the Grande. Kau Tapen er top, but expensive!
    Frontiers Travel International
    Tight lines!
    G.
    Last edited by Gauldalen; 22-10-2019 at 05:40 PM.

My pal the hairy Scotsman on here is heading out To fish the Gallegos in January for 5 weeks or so. Heís got all his arrangements made and has done a lot of research. Pm him Iím sure heíd be happy to share info and maybe even hook up with you.

Quote Originally Posted by atlanticspringer View Post
    I went down to TDF earlier this year and fished the Rio Irigoyen in March. It's a much smaller river than the Rio Grande and very sheltered from the wind, so if you like fishing a single hander or switch rod it's well worth a look.

The Rio Grande does have bigger fish on average and usually higher numbers per rod, but the Irigoyen is an amazing place to visit. Average size around 8-9lbs and we had several over 15lbs during the week, the biggest being an 18 pounder. Rod average was around 2-3 per rod per day. The lodge i stayed at only accommodates 4 per week on 15 miles of river and is more budget-friendly than most Rio Grande lodges.

Here are a few shots. Just thought i'd throw this option out there for you! Drop me a PM if you like, i'd be very happy to give you some more info.

now thats some seatrout-going green here!

Default Yrigoien and Malenguena

Here are some memories filmed by a good friend of mine from one of our trips on the Yrigoien and the Malenguena, its tributary! Hope you enjoy it!Film Montage : Irigoyen & Malenguena 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Gauldalen View Post
    Here are some memories filmed by a good friend of mine from one of our trips on the Yrigoien and the Malenguena, its tributary! Hope you enjoy it!Film Montage : Irigoyen & Malenguena 2010
    I canít get link to work? Says slideshow doesnít exist?

working for me now !

I have been to the Rio Grande 5 times now always staying at Villa Maria. This is the lodge nearest the sea and caters for 6 rods per week. It is expensive but for the last few years river levels have been low and being close to the sea it means fish are usually present in the pools. The lodge and guides are superb and people I know who have fished the other lodges say itís easily the best lodge on the river. Fish are big with many in the high teens and I have caught 10 over 20lb and the biggest 24lb. Unfortunately kids at university and a poor dollar exchange rate mean I am not currently going back. I would recommend it in a shot
    Last edited by Neil W; 23-10-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast