Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  48
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have been two times to Aurelia on Rio Grande and I was happy with my personal catch. However fishing can be tricky there and not all of my party did well. As mentioned earlier that are a few fisheries further down the river. A few friends have been on Despedia and rate this among the best fishing on the river but it won't be easy to jump in. Overall I would also consider Irigoyen or Gallegos, or Cameron which is on the Rio Grande across the border in Chile. (later in the season) They do have 90 km of the river and plenty of other options.
    Icelander05

Atlantic Springer was very helpful with information that he sent me and was appreciated.

But the price without flights above me which is a pity.
    As years go by I'm looking to get a few trips abroad,but cost is the problem not looking for a free trip but in my means.

Hay anyone done a trip with a mate or 2 and organised it themselves.

I suppose an 18Ib Sewin off the Towy several years ago to fly was not that bad

Sewinfly. ...............

Sewinfly if you can afford to fly to buenos aires and a flight down to ushuia or rio gallegos then the rest is relatively cheap if you camp or stay in hostels and take buses and ferrys or hitch. I spent two months there a few years ago and fished the rio grande, gallegos, iriyogen, menendez, ewan sur and various other rivers and lakes for about £600 all in. All of the rivers have public access points except the rio grande and menendez however it has a small tidal section which you can fish on a day permit. Once you have found a public access point such as a bridge you can legally fish anywhere you can walk to and be fishing the same pools as the lodges. Also some options for floating down rivers like the gallegos via access points. I can't recomend the fishing on the rio gallegos and estuary of the ewan sur highly enough. If you are short for time it's expensive, if you have time and are prepared to rough it its cheap.

Summed up very well.
    No matter if it’s Argentina or Chile. You have to pay with time or with money. As always. But it’s extreme there at the bigger rivers. Fences everywhere. The fishing would be cheap, but there is no access. Most of the time bridges are the only access points if someone wants to avoid Lodges.
    At the upper Rio Grande in Chile we met many fishermen from other countries, also from Argentina, who couldn’t afford Lodges in their own country and wanted to have less fishing pressure at accessible water.
    Downside:
    Don’t try that if you are not physically fit enough. Very very long walks to come to fishable water with fishes and less fishermen.
    But Chile is special. It’s a wonderful country. It also offers some of the best trout fishing one can imagine in very lonely unique regions.
    - Let´s be intolerant to intolerance - to protect tolerance -
    "paradox of tolerance"
    (British-Austrian philosopher Sir K. R. Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies)

Quote Originally Posted by sewinfly View Post
    Atlantic Springer was very helpful with information that he sent me and was appreciated.

But the price without flights above me which is a pity.
    As years go by I'm looking to get a few trips abroad,but cost is the problem not looking for a free trip but in my means.

Hay anyone done a trip with a mate or 2 and organised it themselves.

I suppose an 18Ib Sewin off the Towy several years ago to fly was not that bad

Sewinfly. ...............
    Sewinfly, if big seatrout are your thing and you don't mind rough weather and sea fishing I would recommend Gotland (Sweden) as a cheap destination, 800 km of pristine shoreline fishable with a state licence. Timing is as always of great importance and you could combine it with a few days on the Mörrum and the Em if you prefer river fishing. It's not TDF, I know, but if you have never done it well worth a try. Just google Gotland seatrout and you'll know what I mean.
    firefly

Big fish in Northern Sweden, Kaliax and Throne to name just too. Can be done cheaply by yourself by staying at Jockfall on the Kaliax. We have done it for under £1200 incl flights and car from Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by firefly View Post
    Sewinfly, if big seatrout are your thing and you don't mind rough weather and sea fishing I would recommend Gotland (Sweden) as a cheap destination, 800 km of pristine shoreline fishable with a state licence. Timing is as always of great importance and you could combine it with a few days on the Mörrum and the Em if you prefer river fishing. It's not TDF, I know, but if you have never done it well worth a try. Just google Gotland seatrout and you'll know what I mean.
    What are the best months to combine the sea and the river together are you fishing where both of these rivers enter the sea.
    So fish the sea then maybe move up river.
    Cheers all

Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by sewinfly View Post
    What are the best months to combine the sea and the river together are you fishing where both of these rivers enter the sea.
    So fish the sea then maybe move up river.
    Cheers all

Spencer
    Gotland is an island in the Baltic Sea, before you ship from mainland you could spend a couple of days on one of the rivers. Or on your way home. Spring has been good to me.
    firefly

Finally signed up for a trip to Tau Tapen. Trip of a lifetime - I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled View Post
    Finally signed up for a trip to Tau Tapen. Trip of a lifetime - I hope!
    It's a fantastic lodge and the lodge manager really does a great job. The head guide is a great person and if he's been able to keep the majority of the guides, you're in for some fun! I'm going back in Feb

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast