Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Default Night spinning and worm?

I know there is already a thread for this but it just turned into people slating spinning and others fly fishing so please try to stay away from that...

anyone have any tips ? Sea trout and salmon? Which colours? Anyone used luminous? Do fish take the worm at night? I saw someone using a soft white worm with a glow in the dark bead, thoughts on that? Same techniques as in the day? Do fish get spooked by lights?

All help appreciated
    Cheers

I know on in the north east spinning is banned after dusk. Imagine by the current state of the rest of our rivers itís the same?

Many years ago whilst on an August family holiday I fished worm and spinner at night on the little river Nevern and had sea trout with both methods. I was fishing from about 10 pm to after midnight so it was properly dark.

For spinning I was using a small silver mepps casting up under a tunnel of trees. When fishing I listened for the click of the swivel as it touched the top ring so I knew when to stop retrieving. I even had one memorable fish take as the swivel clicked the top ring. It took 10 yards of line off the reel before going into a series of jumps throwing the hook.

Iíve heard it said that spinning at night was impossible because of not seeing where the lure was going, but I had no trouble and didnít lose any lures despite the heavily bushed water.

Spinning at last light seems pretty productive for grilse and seatrout, as above small mepps in size 1 or 2

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Have fished into the night with 2 1/2 tube flies and caught both .I have also caught with spinners and worms at night.had sea trout .but when worming you get pestered by trout.grayling..parr and eels but they all work..
    Last edited by fishingdaft; 21-10-2019 at 01:58 PM.

I know guys that fished rapalas to good effect for sewin in the night.
    The rapala having a bigger silhouette in the river and they took some good size fish.All released to.

Sewinfly. .......

I used to fish with 2 wasp grubs on a size 4 for sea trout at night and done well, one of the other guys doing the same had a salmon so does work.

Silver and blue mepps with a couple of maggots on the treble.

Quote Originally Posted by sewinfly View Post
    I know guys that fished rapalas to good effect for sewin in the night.
    The rapala having a bigger silhouette in the river and they took some good size fish.All released to.

Sewinfly. .......
    The uv pink tiger rapalas that i use alot seem to work well in low light, not sure if its the slight glow or the colour but there does seem to be something in it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk