Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wading Jacket with back pocket

Bust the zip on my Redington Sonic Pro wading jacket today, done me good had it about 10 years and was still beating the elements
    What I liked was the decent pocket on the back for sticking fly boxes and bottle water, wandered if any recommendations for wading jackets with a back pocket, thanks

guest2938 Guest

Get the zip fixed scoops....get another 10 years out of her

DCH

Quote Originally Posted by DonCurlyHorny View Post
    Get the zip fixed scoops....get another 10 years out of her

DCH
    Thatís what the missus said my mums a dress maker so maybe a good shout, na sure how easy it will be though with it being the Sonic Seam type jacket

guest2938 Guest

be a doddle....then a hand wash, some waterproofing treatment, good as new ready for another season

DCH

Quote Originally Posted by DonCurlyHorny View Post
    be a doddle....then a hand wash, some waterproofing treatment, good as new ready for another season

DCH
    Will ask about the zip change when see her next time, Been giving it and the waders the Nikwax treatment end each season fairly makes them last longer

Patagonia one has a back pocket. I'm sure they are reduced in price just now .

The SST has a good size rear back pocket.

Be sure to check how the back pocket opens, i bought a greys wading jacket that zipped across the shoulders, short of taking the jacket off the pocket was unaccessible, a ridiculous idea imo.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Speytime View Post
    Be sure to check how the back pocket opens, i bought a greys wading jacket that zipped across the shoulders, short of taking the jacket off the pocket was unaccessible, a ridiculous idea imo.

Al

Good point, the Redington one has a side zip handy for opening and reaching in

Quote Originally Posted by Speytime View Post

Al
    I found this with my Simms G4 jacket, I never used the back pocket as it involved having to take the jacket off to close it properly, where's the convenience in that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast