Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Default Scierra HMX 14.1 #9/10 wanted.

Hi,
    I have unfortunately just broken a section of my favourite salmon fly rod. Just wondered if anyone has any spares or one of these rods for sale?

Hi Colski,
    I was in Highland Industrial Supplies in Inverness last week and I'm positive I saw one of these on the rack upstairs for sale with a sale price tag on. I dont remember what the price was but its definitely worth giving them a call to find out. You might just have the chance to grab yourself a gem of a bargain.
    If you give them a buzz let me know how you get on.
    Cheers
    Mike
    Last edited by loopknot; 08-10-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Default Scierra HMX success.

Quote Originally Posted by loopknot View Post
    Hi Colski,
    I was in Highland Industrial Supplies in Inverness last week and I'm positive I saw one of these on the rack upstairs for sale with a sale price tag on. I dont remember what the price was but its definitely worth giving them a call to find out. You might just have the chance to grab yourself a gem of a bargain.
    If you give them a buzz let me know how you get on.
    Cheers
    Mike
    Thanks Mike you are a hero, I rang HIS today, they had one left and I have bought it for 120, I am very happy with that.
    I have some much more expensive rods but this one is the one I always pick up first for most conditions, it just suits me.
    I don't think they were that popular after an average review in Trout & Salmon some years ago and I got mine in the sale rack at Glasgow angling centre for 100 as they were selling them off. This was great value are they they are much better finished than popular rods like the Shakespeare Scandi (my second choice rod).

Its not a place I get a chance to visit much living in Thurso but they have a tidy little tackle dept upstairs and its always worth a sniff about if I get the chance.

Thank you so much, GAC and Scierra could not help. I had rang round most of the other shops who stock Scierra but all just had the newer models. Most of these companies do not keep spares for old models these days and just want to sell you the new model which sometimes is nothing like the rod you like.
    I would never have found this without your help, forums like this are a great source of knowledge. Well done for spotting the last rod in the shop, many thanks. Colin