Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Supermarket salmon is not and never will be a "superfood" - the general public should be made fully aware of the truth (keep banging the drum) but as we have discovered, governments never let that get in the way of a good income stream !
    If You want to test the depth of water...... dont use both feet!!Hidden Content

public awareness is the only thing that will change things. people stop buying it and they will stop farming it.
    history show we can't count on government here.

Quote Originally Posted by seeking View Post
    As if the Spey hasn't got enough problems with what's already being washed into it's diminished waters by all the anthropogenic degradation of the catchments.

This is truly dismal, another pollution incident; but in reality just a corollary of the current regime where farmers are encouraged to spread STW solids (i.e. all the solids from sewage treatment works) on their land
    Itís happening big time down here its called biofert but in reality itís just dried human s..ye in powdered form , mixed with a few minerals, they are a very devious crowd that are involved in it , lots of intimidation to local residents and so on , a local woman was objecting to it recently and had a case all ready for the courts and the week before her house was broken into and her computer stolen , nothing else was touched .
    It makes you wonder what sort of people and hazardous materials we are really dealing with.
    Its a french company that have the contract and all the waste comes from Dublin City.
    Very little is needed to make a happy life, it is all within yourself,in your way of thinking.
    Marcus Aurelius

The estate that I fish on was offered this sh-t spread on the fields free and refused. It reminds me of how the greed of a few caused C.J.B. in cattle.
    The public will keep buying this rubbish because it is cheap.
    Could somebody not put those pictures on facebook as I do not know how.
    Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by morphfly View Post
    STW solids.
    What does STW stand for
    Morphfly
    Sewage Treatment Works.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieL View Post
    Then the Spey board should be taking this up with SEPA and all the other government agencies who should act. Has anyone heard a peep from SDSFB ?

Why do you assume that the Board is not doing this?

The Senior Biologist and Director were at the site yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by seeking View Post
    As if the Spey hasn't got enough problems
    The Spey will have the second best catch of 2019, only beaten by the Tweed which fishes two and a half months longer.

Quote Originally Posted by goosander View Post
    The estate that I fish on was offered this sh-t spread on the fields free and refused. It reminds me of how the greed of a few caused C.J.B. in cattle.
    The public will keep buying this rubbish because it is cheap.
    Could somebody not put those pictures on facebook as I do not know how.
    Bob.
    Already on Facebook , Bob

Look for Inside Scottish Salmon Feedlots.

Inside Scottish Salmon Feedlots - Home | Facebook
    Last edited by ibm59; 17-09-2019 at 09:54 AM.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Default Salmon Feed Lots

Cardiac Disease Arrests Mowi in Kingairloch - Green Around the Gills
    This was the latest news on salmon farms from Don Stanidford, frightening to think this is on sale to the public.
    Last edited by reelit1; 17-09-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyke777 View Post
    Supermarket salmon is not and never will be a "superfood" - the general public should be made fully aware of the truth (keep banging the drum) but as we have discovered, governments never let that get in the way of a good income stream !
    Too true. Was watching Gordon Ramsey singing the virtues of farned salmon on his new cookery programme as healthy and value. Are we really to understand that Gordon, whose whole life is involved with knowledge of food, is at this stage unaware of the facts regarding farmed salmon?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What's the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
    Buddha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast