Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: help!!!!!!

Default help!!!!!!

hi all,,any help would be great, new to salmon fishing to be honest,, usualy i fish stocked lakes for rainbow trout but next year i am going to start fishing the river finn and faughan for salmon..im looking for a switch rod that works for both,, i now use a greys 10ft gr70 #8wt fly rod i have all the airflo 40 + lines for it float,slow intermediate,fast intermediate and di5 fast sink line..can anyone out their help me to get a switch rod set up that i can maybe use these lines on to or tell me that they dont work even,, if someone out their has a set up rod reel lines and line weights that work for them can u tell me what to buy been looking last 2 weeks online and getting different options every time i look,, one said u have to use 2 sizes of fly line up on a switch rod so a #7wt switch rod u should use a 9wt line cant figure it out please help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ben26ace View Post
    hi all,,any help would be great, new to salmon fishing to be honest,, usualy i fish stocked lakes for rainbow trout but next year i am going to start fishing the river finn and faughan for salmon..im looking for a switch rod that works for both,, i now use a greys 10ft gr70 #8wt fly rod i have all the airflo 40 + lines for it float,slow intermediate,fast intermediate and di5 fast sink line..can anyone out their help me to get a switch rod set up that i can maybe use these lines on to or tell me that they dont work even,, if someone out their has a set up rod reel lines and line weights that work for them can u tell me what to buy been looking last 2 weeks online and getting different options every time i look,, one said u have to use 2 sizes of fly line up on a switch rod so a #7wt switch rod u should use a 9wt line cant figure it out please help!!!!
    Look no further than the rods designed around the lines.

The range of Airflo Airtec Switch Rods have been introduced to fill the demand for a lightweight, performance driven switch rod without breaking the bank. The popular Airflo 11' 3 switch rods allow anglers to try out this great new technique with peace of mind that these rods are built in the same way featuring the pedigree of the Airtec range.

Whether single hand overhead casting or double handed spey is the order of the day these rods effortlessly hit the mark. The extra length provide superior control over the fly line whilst also offering a buffer when using lighter lines.

Team up with your favourite 40+ Extreme fly line for easy loading and incredible distance.

Here's a link;
    Airflo Airtec Switch Fly Fishing Rods in Fly Rods | Fishtec
    Respect My Authorita!!

thanks keirstream!! will have a look now cheers!!

dont believe it lol the #8 wt outta stock only 100 too

Quote Originally Posted by ben26ace View Post
    dont believe it lol the #8 wt outta stock only 100 too
    Put a notice in the wanted section on here.
    Respect My Authorita!!