Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Default Wading Jackets without any neoprene

A friend of mine has a skin problem that means he cannot come into contact with neoprene in any shape or form. If anyone knows of or can recommend a really good wading jacket without any neoprene I'd be very grateful. He's a salmon guide and his old jacket isn't waterproof any more - not ideal!!

Many thanks!

Alastair

Hi Alistair, if the jacket isn't worn out why not try to reproof the jacket with either granger's or nikwax reproofing, I reproof mine every season with granger's, a great product and the water just beads of like new

Arnold
    Last edited by Lamson v10; 10-08-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Only one ive had without neoprene is the airflo delta wading jacket which had silky stuff on the cuffs instead. Not the best jacket though and mine leaked in really heavy rain.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Don't think Simms G4 has any cos every time it rains the water runs up my sleeves, really pisses me off. Highly water resistant dry cuff, my ****.

Thanks Arnold. I fear it is worn out!!

Find a good seamstress. She'll be able to remove / replace any neoprene which should enable you to buy any jacket you want and have it altered before you use it.

Maybe consider a mountaineering Gore-Tex jacket.

Some are designed very short - so like a wading jacket; and they have simple Velcro sleeve tabs.

I’ve just bought a Haglöfs Gore-Tex pro jacket (for walking etc) and it immediately struck me that it would make a decent, minimalist wading jacket.