Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default Line classification



    Anyone know what this shooting head line is?
    Trying to find out the make.

    It’s 9m long so 30ft head.
    I thought it was a floater but it sink’s slow so intermediate.

    Cheers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South of Germany
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Could be a Nextcast Salar Finder. But they are using a more greenish color?
    Icelander05

  3. #3

    Default

    It is a salar finder 40 full intermediate body to which you must add an appropriate spey tip between 10 and 15 feet like guideline 4d or Rio tips so the overall weight of head and tip ckmbined matches your rods grain weight

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icelander05 View Post
    Could be a Nextcast Salar Finder. But they are using a more greenish color?
    Icelander05
    As far as I know the 11 is a newer line they added to the range

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rotenone View Post
    It is a salar finder 40 full intermediate body to which you must add an appropriate spey tip between 10 and 15 feet like guideline 4d or Rio tips so the overall weight of head and tip ckmbined matches your rods grain weight

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Yeah I fished it with an AFS 10ft tip & it flew out the rod.

    I thought with the “40” marked on it then it would be a 40foot line but on measuring it I got it to 30ft.

    Thanks very much for the info.

    Is Salar the maker of the line?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greegs View Post
    Yeah I fished it with an AFS 10ft tip & it flew out the rod.

    I thought with the “40” marked on it then it would be a 40foot line but on measuring it I got it to 30ft.

    Thanks very much for the info.

    Is Salar the maker of the line?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you say afs tip do mean a poly leader or proper front tip of a multi tip ?if it's the salarfinder body a poly leader is no good only a proper fly line type tip will do.

    Nextcast USA are the makers and imo the best shooting heads on the market salar finder is the model name that's a good lines you have , I prefer the nextcast zone myself tho

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rotenone; 17-07-2019 at 12:51 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Dumfries
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greegs View Post
    Yeah I fished it with an AFS 10ft tip & it flew out the rod.

    I thought with the “40” marked on it then it would be a 40foot line but on measuring it I got it to 30ft.

    Thanks very much for the info.

    Is Salar the maker of the line?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nextcast is the maker,SalarFinder is the multiDensity head system.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dustybinns View Post
    Nextcast is the maker,SalarFinder is the multiDensity head system.
    That’s great. Thanks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •