Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where would you go?

Mid May 2020. Anywhere in The UK or Ireland. The only constraint is somewhere with fishing that will actually be available, no dead manís shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by T7 View Post
    Mid May 2020. Anywhere in The UK or Ireland. The only constraint is somewhere with fishing that will actually be available, no dead manís shoes!
    Lamington.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Yorkshire (were there a god it'd be god's own country) & Afrique

Me:

Anywhere I could enjoy the early season and have a chance of taking a nice organic sustainable tasty treat on the off chance of actually catching one. So that means Scotland or Ireland effectively. Unfortunate as the lower Tyne would otherwise fit the bill.

So probably Lamington with the 5 weight with ibm59 next yearÖ
    Last edited by seeking; 11-07-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    "...hooking mortality is higher than you'd expect: further evidence that as a numbers game, catch-and-release fishing isn't always as straightforward as it seems"
    John Gierach

Fed up of debating C&R - see Hidden Content

Unless otherwise stated, data used in any graph/figure/table are Crown copyright, used with the permission of MSS and/or EA and/or ICES. MSS / EA / ICES are not responsible for interpretation of these data by third parties

The Helmsdale or Delphi.

Grantown on Spey , good value water , fly spin worm and can take a fish .
    pubs are good too

For spring fishing with a far higher than average chance of catching fish I would go back to Wetheral. To avoid all of the political nonsense that went with it I would rather stay in the cheap seats if its all the same to everybody
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

[deleted, double post]
    Last edited by T7; 09-07-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Removed post
    Last edited by T7; 11-07-2019 at 03:44 PM.

T7, Findhorn would be a good prospect in May anywhere between Darnaway Altyre to Lethen. Gorgeous fly water in breathtaking surroundings.

DCH
    Last edited by DonCurlyHorny; 09-07-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Top choice lad's I'll go with ibm59 and seeking and head for Lamington stunning stretch of fly water and only 15min from the door

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast