Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A9

Came down it yesterday in the lashing rain so not much appreciation of the scenery. As previously said
    only road works are from Perth up for a few miles but apart from that it was fine.
    Its a beautiful journey especially going north all too often spoiled by impatient crazy inconsiderate drivers.

Tight lines, it will beat working::

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    There is a long section of roadworks going north from Perth, but generally it's better than it's been for years.

If you use the Tom Tom go app it will give you the speed limit for each section you are in, whether the section is covered by average speed cameras and what your actual average speed in the sections covered by AS cameras is. 18 a year well spent in my opinion! It also does live navigation so will take you around accidents and congestion, warns of fixed speed cameras and most mobile speed cameras.
    That section north of Perth just cost me a 100 and 3 points.
    Temporary 40 limit 11.30 at night, not a soul or a cone on the road, the car drifted to 50.
    Letter then appears through the door as if by magic.
    Does your Tom Tom alert on temporary restrictions?
    Respect My Authorita!!

Quote Originally Posted by keirstream View Post
    That section north of Perth just cost me a 100 and 3 points.
    Temporary 40 limit 11.30 at night, not a soul or a cone on the road, the car drifted to 50.
    Letter then appears through the door as if by magic.
    Does your Tom Tom alert on temporary restrictions?
    I think so. It seems to know everything! There is a button on the screen you touch to report mobile cameras which it then alerts everyone else too.

HI keirstream,

Living up in the NW I use the A9 North and South often and would advise anyone that ALL speed signs on that road are checked, including the temporary ones. The overall 60mph below Inverness is an average speed check, however I have suspected for a while that the temporary limits are 'on the spot speed check' so to speak.
    Due to the poor driving standards on the cursed NW500 it is reported that the police are extending their speed checks right round the route so anyone who is travelling on this route should watch their driving.

M
    Start ankle deep with a short line, all wild fish go back

Whatever the road conditions Paul should have it bang on with the water - it's now at 18in and rising and Loch More almost full. Oh Joy.

Thanks Tenet!!

Yes I saw the level and the webcam....looking good, just hope the little buggers stop long enough to take a fly!!

Just had a look again....the water is hammering over the loch wall, so I hope I don't get a ticket on the A9 rushing to get up there!!

Will report back.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12