Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I heard the baliff isnít allowed on the boat to inspect his catch so all he has to do is hide the salmon thatís meant to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by The flying Scotsman View Post
    I heard the baliff isnít allowed on the boat to inspect his catch so all he has to do is hide the salmon thatís meant to go back.
    The coastlines huge and as remote as you can get in places so you could land fish anywhere and no one would know to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

you heard wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Mattytree View Post
    Was doing surveys at whittly bay on Monday and could not see any off the sea front at tyne mouth when we went for lunch.
    There is maybe visibly more fish about I recon though..bit of a joke though considering the sea trout I feel are in decline and the salmon are on the up that the nets have had their quota upped for sea trout.
    not sure I would agree that seatrout are in decline or that salmon are on the upmay just be the area I fish but these past 2 seasons have seen far less salmon and far more seatrout-in fact I would go as far as saying that there are a lot of seatrout in the river

No wonder lots of salmon anglers are giving up the sport its a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by once bitten View Post
    you heard wrong

The North Esk baliffs are not allowed to inspect the boats unless they are invited on. They have no authority to go on themselves.
    Last edited by hairyscotsman; 25-07-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyscotsman View Post
    The North Esk baliffs are not allowed to inspect the boats unless they are invited on. They have no authority to go on themseves.
    I think once bittenís comment is because EA bailiffs who police the North East England nets do have that authority.

Quote Originally Posted by long Preston View Post
    not sure I would agree that seatrout are in decline or that salmon are on the upmay just be the area I fish but these past 2 seasons have seen far less salmon and far more seatrout-in fact I would go as far as saying that there are a lot of seatrout in the river
    The problem is that salmon must enter the nets, even if returned the seals working the nets will pick them up in seconds so although not landing salmon the nets are still having an effect on the salmon numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    The problem is that salmon must enter the nets, even if returned the seals working the nets will pick them up in seconds so although not landing salmon the nets are still having an effect on the salmon numbers.

Iím sure the nets are still killing salmon indirectly just like they used to kill them directly. That said, does anyone really still believe that they are affecting overall numbers of fish in most of our river systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Knollington View Post
    Iím sure the nets are still killing salmon indirectly just like they used to kill them directly. That said, does anyone really still believe that they are affecting overall numbers of fish in most of our river systems?
    I suppose it depends where you fish really as its only really the tyne, coquet and wear directly affected and to some degree tweed fish in transit. Thats not to say there isnt bigger issues to deal with but for the coquet it feels like the perfect storm of fish decimation from all angles.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast