Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: River awe

Default Lucky day river awe

I was on the river Awe today, and I managed a beauty of a fish, I recon 17/18 pounds on a rod I had never cast/ used before and a fly that I found on the river bank,so Iím on my way to buy a lottery ticket tonight.
    Thanks to all the people who gave me advice on an earlier thread about the Greys GR70 14í , I managed with it just fine, even although at the back of my mind I thought I was going to fail miserably. Need to book another trip soon. No pictures Iím afraid I couldnít work the phone with one hand while rod in the other and standing awkwardly in the river .
    Last edited by glenelg100; 15-06-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glenelg100 View Post
    I was on the river Awe today, and I managed a beauty of a fish, I recon 17/18 pounds on a rod I had never cast/ used before and a fly that I found on the river bank,so Iím on my way to buy a lottery ticket tonight.
    Thanks to all the people who gave me advice on an earlier thread about the Greys GR70 14í , I managed with it just fine, even although at the back of my mind I thought I was going to fail miserably. Need to book another trip soon. No pictures Iím afraid I couldnít work the phone with one hand while rod in the other and standing awkwardly in the river .

Well done on the fish and glad you have christened the rod. They are good rods especially at the current discounted prices. Really pleased for you.
    As a matter of interest what line did you use ?
    I found that the Gaelforce integrated shooting head #10 was best for me.
    Last edited by Chicharito; 15-06-2019 at 08:27 PM.

[QUOTE=glenelg100;1140620]I was on the river Awe today, and I managed a beauty of a fish, I recon 17/18 pounds on a rod I had never cast/ used before and a fly that I found on the river bank,so Iím on my way to buy a lottery ticket tonight.
    Thanks to all the people who gave me advice on an earlier thread about the Greys GR70 14í , I managed with it just fine, even although at the back of my mind I thought I was going to fail miserably. Need to book another trip soon. No pictures Iím afraid I couldnít work the phone with one hand while rod in the other and standing awkwardly in the river .[/QUOTE

Well done Ian, superb fish! .....I was on the Awe yesterday, alas only a couple of nice brownies for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    Well done on the fish and glad you have christened the rod. They are good rods especially at the current discounted prices. Really pleased for you.
    As a matter of interest what line did you use ?
    I found that the Gaelforce integrated shooting head #10 was best for me.
    I used the AFS 9/10 as it was they only one I had to suit it, but I will most likely get a gaelforce one too

[QUOTE=bros;1140624]
    Thanks to all the people who gave me advice on an earlier thread about the Greys GR70 14í , I managed with it just fine, even although at the back of my mind I thought I was going to fail miserably. Need to book another trip soon. No pictures Iím afraid I couldnít work the phone with one hand while rod in the other and standing awkwardly in the river .[/QUOTE

Well done Ian, superb fish! .....I was on the Awe yesterday, alas only a couple of nice brownies for me!

Seen quite a few fish today Bobby, but ainít it a hard slog on the river banks, thereís Boulder the size of hooses

[QUOTE=glenelg100;1140629]
    Quote Originally Posted by bros View Post

Seen quite a few fish today Bobby, but ainít it a hard slog on the river banks, thereís Boulder the size of hooses
    Lol, my thoughts entirely Ian, my wee legs are sair are fleck today......was it beat A you got your fish?

[QUOTE=bros;1140632]

Lol, my thoughts entirely Ian, my wee legs are sair are fleck today......was it beat A you got your fish?
    Yes, Bothy pool, there not a bone in my body that disbar hurt, but today was worth it

Well done Ian, glad you got rewarded for all your efforts. It makes up for all those blank days when you get a fish like that
    Cheers Diarmid.

Having read what the Awe was like fifty years ago I would love to give it a go! Congrats on whar sounds like a cracking fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie-boy View Post
    Having read what the Awe was like fifty years ago I would love to give it a go! Congrats on whar sounds like a cracking fish!
    Thanks, I was looking at a picture of an 18 pounder in which someone had caught from the Dee , when I look at that ,the one I caught looked even bigger. Iím delighted at catching such a nice fish but a bit disappointed at not getting a pic or a second opinion on the weight. Will never know but it was good all the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast