Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    Great stuff 👍

DCH

Quote Originally Posted by DonCurlyHorny View Post
    Great stuff 👍

DCH
    As soon as my missus gets back from her Pilates I'm going fishing so with luck I might get to post another pic this evening.

As soon as my missus gets back from her Pilates I'm going fishing so with luck I might get to post another pic this evening.
    You might get a fishy on your Pilates

DCH

Quote Originally Posted by DonCurlyHorny View Post
    You might get a fishy on your Pilates

DCH
    Only a peal, but a nice one

A8E05CA9-CAF7-4F37-84CB-4BF90DC0A6BA.jpeg

3.5ish lb.

I have got some fishing planned for this Summer, should bring some pics if not from Scotland then perhaps from Norway or Iceland. Busy summer in cold but I can still feel african sun and wind at my back so I am ready for it

Quote Originally Posted by rs2ford View Post
    Andy,
    If anyone has a clear out then they cannot advertise more than 6 items in a month. This could be guys selling up completely or just changing their gear. Either way we used to get good deals on here but now we are having to bid in auction to get something we want. Tackle tarts are definitely getting fewer as you say probably due to lack of fish but many people I know still enjoy spey casting and trying different set ups.
    Was it really that bad the way it was before?
    Cheers Diarmid.
    What your saying is true, I possibly coincidentally got feed up buying and selling at the time the forum rules changed and really have had little movement in classifieds buying or selling. As the rules I can't say have affected me but can see your point regards multiple sales. Times, are achanging my freind

3.5ish lb.
    Especially with Chablis

3.5ish lb.
    Cracking fish. Thereís been a good run of decent 3 -4lb sea trout on the south esk lately and now the Tay is starting to pick them up. Iím out tomorrow night to see if I can get one or two.
    Since DCH likes fishing stories Iíve got one. I was out on the upper Tay on Saturday with my young lad. We had crossed a back water onto a big island and fished the main stretch down the back. When we went to cross back over further down, the back water was deeper and slower moving. We were looking down from a highish bank when my son pointed into the water and asked if that was a fish. I immediately said no itís a log as diameter was like tree size. Then on closer inspection i realised it was a MASSIVE salmon like the biggest Iíve ever seen like 30lb+ easy. Unfortunately it was at least half white covered in fungus ☹️ Thatís why we spotted it. It was slowly swimming down stream. Like I said with itís diameter and length I thought it was a tree!! On one hand very very sad to see but on the other hand I was able to say to my son. ďSee fish that size still run the Tay and thatís why we fish hereĒ
    It must of ran early spring then the Tay dropped to its bones and heated right up. Iíve seen another fish of around 10lb same condition on the south esk a few weeks back. Same scenario. It is great to know massive fish still run our rivers. Insistently thereís been a 20lb and a 22lb caught on same beat in the last week or so.

Hi,I tend to read a lot of the threads as Ive only been fishing for 6 years. Trying to learn,rather than arguing. Some really good bits ,but my god I get sick of bloody advertisements,waiting for them to load,before being able to read!!

Quote Originally Posted by toads View Post
    Hi,I tend to read a lot of the threads as Ive only been fishing for 6 years. Trying to learn,rather than arguing. Some really good bits ,but my god I get sick of bloody advertisements,waiting for them to load,before being able to read!!
    Adblock plus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12