Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Laxa Kjos

Default Laxa Kjos

Hi I have been offered 3 days salmon fishing on the Laxa Kjos at the beginning of July 2020. Does anybody have any information or tips about the river. Rod size, Flies, average rod catches? Any information would be great. Thanks
    Last edited by Markymac; 03-06-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markymac View Post
    Hi I have been offered 3 days salmon fishing on the Laxa Kjos at the beginning of July 2020. Does anybody have any information or tips about the river. Rod size, Flies, average rod catches? Any information would be great. Thanks
    Here is some reliable info:
    LAXA I KJOS - Hreggnasi Angling club
    But I last fished in 2005 and donít know how it is doing now! Worth a try I would say!
    ATB
    G.

Approved statistics at angling.is - angling in Iceland - Forsida islensk
    Beginning of July is prime-prime time on the Borgarfjordur rivers.

I would like to see folks asking for help on here actually having participated on the Forum prior to asking for crucial information.

Hey ho, that's just me - I'm old school. You get back what you give.

It does seem the modern 'disease'....instant gratification without doing the leg work ones-self....powered by the internet age. I get sick of the pm's I get on here asking me for help from those that can't be a'rsed doing their own homework. Many of us on here did it the old way. You get to a new river, put up a rod and work the beat from top to bottom. You learn it the hard way...! What you do learn though is worth it's weight in gold though. Water that's looks enticing yet never yields a fish and the rubbish looking bits that have great lies. I loved guiding a good pal last Tuesday on a new bit of water to him. I popped him into a tiny bit of a pool and told him where the lies were. He was duly into a fish on the third lie....sadly it went round a snag and broke him. It made my day.

Best of luck anyway pal
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by westie4566 View Post
    I would like to see folks asking for help on here actually having participated on the Forum prior to asking for crucial information.

Hey ho, that's just me - I'm old school. You get back what you give.

It does seem the modern 'disease'....instant gratification without doing the leg work ones-self....powered by the internet age. I get sick of the pm's I get on here asking me for help from those that can't be a'rsed doing their own homework. Many of us on here did it the old way. You get to a new river, put up a rod and work the beat from top to bottom. You learn it the hard way...! What you do learn though is worth it's weight in gold though. Water that's looks enticing yet never yields a fish and the rubbish looking bits that have great lies. I loved guiding a good pal last Tuesday on a new bit of water to him. I popped him into a tiny bit of a pool and told him where the lies were. He was duly into a fish on the third lie....sadly it went round a snag and broke him. It made my day.

Best of luck anyway pal
    I concur, old school approach too.

M
    Last edited by HOWKEMOOT; 04-06-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    Start ankle deep with a short line, all wild fish go back

If you can have that fishing and afford the money than grab it !

Kjos is always in the top ten and it has a good variety of water. Beside salmon it has an excellent stock of seatrout, some
    larger than the salmon. The river is very well managed and I would grab it if you can.
    Icelander05