Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Line suggestions

I知 looking for suggestions for a line for my Daiwa signature 11,3 8#. I知 going to be using it for sea trout at night so would like a integrated shooting head which is quite aggressive to reduce false casting and easy to roll cast also. Thanks

use the exact same rod for sea trout,
    why shooting head ?
    i use 7wt cortland peach floater on mine,
    roll casts superbly,and needs very little false casting.use with a variety of 5ft airflo tips,i like to get deeper as night goes on and it gets colder and fish are deeper.
    shooting head will be a bit splashier and could spook fish

Default Single hand spey line

I would suggest a single hand spey line to cover both overhead and spey/roll options. E.g. Barrio SLX, Rio Single Hand

Guideline Xchange WF Tri Tip. This is an integrated multi tip and comes with a floating, Sink3/4 & Sink 6/7 12ft tips. Total head length circa 28ft. I have the earlier version of this line (the Switch Multi Tip) and it is superb both overhead and roll casting albeit not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrgunn View Post
    I知 looking for suggestions for a line for my Daiwa signature 11,3 8#. I知 going to be using it for sea trout at night so would like a integrated shooting head which is quite aggressive to reduce false casting and easy to roll cast also. Thanks

I took one of these to Argentina a couple of years ago and used it a couple of sessions in between skagit and single hander. I used a rage hover 480 to handle the wind but I too have used my Cortland 444 peach floater which gives a more delicate presentation when calmer. Handy rod. Z.