Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1

Default Shootinghead identification

Hello
    Iīve added a picture of a shooting head that I`ve caught last year in the Gaula/Norway. Unfortunately without a salmon attached to the business-end!
    Could somebody help me identify the shootinghead? It is clearly a kind of versitip system, the body weighing in at 34,21 gramms, and the tip at 9,85 gramms
    The body has a clear readible marking at the runningline saying X 2417, and the tip has a yellow leaderloop plus a green connectionloop in the tips colour.
    Nothing else is readible
    A rough guess makes it a #10 with its total of 44 gramm.
    All help appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks as though it could be a Vision Ace inty judging by the colour though I'm unsure if they do an inty multi-tip 🤔
    "If in doubt, put it back"!

Looks like they do...

20190514_194931.jpg

The color is quite close. But I think Vision Ace Tip was produced with floating body only. If itīs intermediate it could be also Guideline DDC Connect Multi-tip.

colour looks guideline to me

I was going to suggest either Oregon or Husqvarna as it looks awfy thick to me

Quote Originally Posted by JirkaK View Post
    The color is quite close. But I think Vision Ace Tip was produced with floating body only. If itīs intermediate it could be also Guideline DDC Connect Multi-tip.
    Yip, unsure if they did a inty multi-tip though still fairly sure it's the Vision which is made by Rio. It's similar in colour and transluncy to the the AFS Glacial Hover. Pretty certain it's not the DDC Connect inty as I still have a couple of the green inty's and they're a stronger green and are more translucent. Also...the stamp on the Guidelines are clear and easily understandable 🤔
    Last edited by salmonaddict; 15-05-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Not a Guideline,as said the colours not quite translucent enough for the head.Also the colour bands on the line/tip are wrong, the 10/11 head has a Blue band at the tip end of the belly and again on each of the sinking tips, the 9/10 lines have Green bands at the end of both the belly and tip.
    Also bear in mind, for quite some time the DDC lines were trim to fit lines, requiring weighing/cutting and owner looping.Its only very very recently that the lines went ready to go.I'd also say owning the full set of Guideline tips that the tip colour itself is also wrong for a Guideline item!,being dual density the tips are twin coloured.
    Pedro.
    Last edited by Rennie; 16-05-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Yes, I would go with the Vision Ace line. As Rennie said, Guideline has coloured loops. The loops on the body are the same colour than the loop itself, albeit slightly bleached out. All loops are still factory made ones.
    Another proof for the vision "theory" is the number x 2417, which comes pretty close to the vision numbering system as Iīve found out now...

Default what is it?

It sure looks like a Vision Ace multi-tip line.