Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fish and Fly - Owners of This Forum

To Fish and Fly
    After recent events regarding Chris Packham and the issues surrounding Natural England revoking licence GL05I, I see various petitions on Social Media addressing this and many many more people calling out the various organisations who promote and protect sporting shooting & fishing to do more to make our voices heard.
    This Forum has thousands of members and it is owned by Fish & Fly so now Fish & Fly I'm calling you out.
    I have looked at Fish and Fly's website and looked through their many pages of "latest articles" and after spending an hour or more skipping through them I don't see one, not one article that promotes our sport to anyone else other than anglers. I'm sorry but for me it's nowhere near good enough.

Fish and Fly | The World of Fly Fishing

Fish and Fly is a large organisation with a big following and also a big voice so use it and promote and protect our sport to everyone not just anglers!!
    We already know what we have and what we do but Joe Average from Normal Street hasn't got a clue.
    The sport of angling is under threat. Don't wait for things to get out of control before deciding to do something about it.
    Don't close the gate after the horse has bolted!!
    If you feel you are playing your part in really protecting and promoting the "Sport of Angling" and by that I don't mean (looking at the articles) protecting Salmon or Introducing Banana Rods or Thomas Turner Fishing Antiques buy's 95 Hardy Reels, The Book of Great Angling Disasters etc. who cares about that really. Nice to read but it's all meaningless tosh if at some stage in the future we're not allowed to fish.
    I and I hope we want to know that organisations like you are helping to protect Angling as a sport. By that I mean protecting us, me, you and everyone, against those that would have it all banned.
    If you think you are then can you please show me some evidence of this.
    We all need to work together to protect what we have and what we hold most dear but those with the big voices should be using them NOW!
    Bang the drum, stamp the feet, spread the word..

You're response please Fish and Fly...

Thank You

And since Friday the 26th April@ 08:21am the silence has been deafening...

Clearly they're about as passionate about preserving Angling as a sport as everyone else is on this forum (apart from the odd few) so its not really surprising that they haven't responded..
    Last edited by simon grace; 29-04-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

The Wasp of SFF threads.
    Ignore it and it will go away..🙄
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Totally agree Simon,something has to be done after all its us that keep these forums alive and kicking,so a bit of help in outlining how bad the situation is would definitely help imho

Seen this today on fb
    These birds are reeking havoc on fish numbers, something has to be done soon
    The early bird gets first run down the pool.

It's at thin end of the wedge.
    So , as of midnight last night, they've banned the shooting of crows, Jay, and other large birds, so what next?
    It's only a matter of time.

Must admit to being irked by the blanket ban. My daughter farms sheep and crows are a pain at this time of year. We lamb most ewes indoors in February but any not in lamb first time round go back to the tup. Our last lambs were born a week ago, with flocks of crows in the field. Not unusual to find a lamb alive with its eyes pecked out.
    I think I've got this work life balance thingy right.

That is to say I spend more time in work thinking about fishing than I spend fishing and thinking about work!

Quote Originally Posted by salarchaser View Post
    Our last lambs were born a week ago, with flocks of crows in the field. Not unusual to find a lamb alive with its eyes pecked out.
    Horrible thought.. The fluffy snowflakes on here don't even think about that happening.😕

And still no reply from F&F🤔

Quote Originally Posted by simon grace View Post
    And still no reply from F&F🤔
    Far too busy peddling Thomas Turner **** and blowing smoke up Jeremy Wades Erse!!
    Where There's Big Un's There's Little Un's!!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by salarchaser View Post
    It's at thin end of the wedge.
    So , as of midnight last night, they've banned the shooting of crows, Jay, and other large birds, so what next?
    It's only a matter of time.

Must admit to being irked by the blanket ban. My daughter farms sheep and crows are a pain at this time of year. We lamb most ewes indoors in February but any not in lamb first time round go back to the tup. Our last lambs were born a week ago, with flocks of crows in the field. Not unusual to find a lamb alive with its eyes pecked out.
    Perhaps when this happens you or someone you know should post pictures on FB because I have seen people on the recent threads on there regarding this issue say it doesn't happen because no one has seen it! I know it does and I also know what damage they do to all the at risk ground nesting birds at this time but the townie conservationists won't have it.

SP8

2 days later and still no reply from the owners of this Forum.. Clearly they're only in it for the money made from the advertising space.
    No doubt they won't have much to say about the Countryside March either.
    Pathetic!!!
    🤔

Default Money

Quote Originally Posted by simon grace View Post
    2 days later and still no reply from the owners of this Forum.. Clearly they're only in it for the money made from the advertising space.
    No doubt they won't have much to say about the Countryside March either.
    Pathetic!!!
    🤔

The way way the fishing is going they’ll have no forum sooner or later the rods will be stored away and forgotten about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast