Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default diawa whisker 10ft

hi just wondering if anyone can help me out bought one of the made in scotland diawa whiskers .. its a 10ft older one with the blue thread .. was planning on using it trolling on Irish lakes for big trout.. any one any experience trolling with this model like how big a lure can it handle ?

I use the exact rod for salmon trolling. The have no bother trolling big lures. Cracker of a rod. I also use a diawa wilderness 12ft for in the outside holder the 10ft whisker has a serious back bone

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

And when im not trolling its my spinning rod well able for big fish while spinning heavy lures

The 10ft whisker is normally rated 10-60g

Its a great rod for all kind of big fish stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by Royser89 View Post
    I use the exact rod for salmon trolling. The have no bother trolling big lures. Cracker of a rod. I also use a diawa wilderness 12ft for in the outside holder the 10ft whisker has a serious back bone

when you say big would you say a 6 inch roach would be grand .. just dont wanna go snappin it before i figure out its limits

Those Daiwa whiskers were great rods, the spinning rods especially so, I've got a 7ft, 9ft, and 10ft version and they still get used every season for various spinning occasions. I've no knowledge of trolling i'm afraid.
    Tight Lines
    Aled
    Rhywle lawr yr afon/Somewhere down the river........

Quote Originally Posted by ruairi38 View Post
    when you say big would you say a 6 inch roach would be grand .. just dont wanna go snappin it before i figure out its limits
    No problem to the rod the fair good and stiff also the will handle it

Quote Originally Posted by ruairi38 View Post
    hi just wondering if anyone can help me out bought one of the made in scotland diawa whiskers .. its a 10ft older one with the blue thread .. was planning on using it trolling on Irish lakes for big trout.. any one any experience trolling with this model like how big a lure can it handle ?
    If you're after big Trout (Ferox) one man with lots of experience is John Bailey. I've got a book of his somewhere which details some time he spent targeting them from the Tomdoun Hotel on loch Quoich I think, worth looking it out.
    Found this though :-
    www.fishing.co.uk
    Tomdoun has changed hands, might be residential now.
    Best of luck with your quest.
    Found his website, if I was after a Ferox I'd be picking his brains. Bailey & Fishing - Bailey & Fishing
    Last edited by Isisalar; 27-04-2019 at 06:06 PM.