Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loop tackle???

Default Loop tackle???

Does anyone have any insights to what the new gear is there bringing out? I have noticed s1 range and g4 reels and clothing Al discounted, so looks to be a full sweep of gear!! Anyone got any info they could share

Davy
    Make fishin’ your mission !

Lots of new gear David, so watch this space in the next few weeks!

Includes a whole range of new clothing, fly boxes and nippers, lines and other goodies.. as I say watch this space
    so much fishing, so little time

<a href="Hidden Content style="text-decoration:underline;">Andrew - Loop Akademi Fly Dresser</a>

Exciting news!!

I came to the conclusion that their gear was good enough for me as is so went for the 15ft cross s1 and 10/13 reel plus the excellent wading jacket which I heretofore wouldn’t have paid £500 for plus an extra Laino jacket

I do think they make really, really good stuff for us salmon fishermen... on a par with the hardy spec we would hope for! (And which may be gone)
    Some do say twas better to have fished and lost (blanked) than neare to have fished atall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I came to the conclusion that their gear was good enough for me as is so went for the 15ft cross s1 and 10/13 reel plus the excellent wading jacket which I heretofore wouldn’t have paid £500 for plus an extra Laino jacket

I do think they make really, really good stuff for us salmon fishermen... on a par with the hardy spec we would hope for! (And which may be gone)
    Couldn't agree anymore with you there gear is top of the ladder I'm not saying am the best of fisherman but to keep you warm and dry and an easy days casting that will do me!

A lot of places you look just now have Loop gear on sale but never what I would like.
    I'm not exaggerating when I say I've been looking for a loop classic in 8-11 size for years but I've never seen them included in any sales
    Boy I'd love someone to give a good honest answer to this situation

Bob Mc
    Bob Mc
    One of the 80%

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Mc View Post
    A lot of places you look just now have Loop gear on sale but never what I would like.
    I'm not exaggerating when I say I've been looking for a loop classic in 8-11 size for years but I've never seen them included in any sales
    Boy I'd love someone to give a good honest answer to this situation

Bob Mc
    Still a bit pricey but is this any good? Loop Classic Fly Reel 10-13 RHW : Perf – Glasgow Angling Centre

Hi Carbisdale Caster

Thanks for the info but the 10-13 would be too heavy on a 13ft rod. Anyway being a tight fisted old git I decide years ago I would buy 1 if I could get it for about £450 which would still be more than twice what I've paid for any of my other reals

Thank anyway my friend

tight lines

Bob Mc
    Bob Mc
    One of the 80%

Hi Carbisdale Caster

Thanks for the info but the 10-13 would be too heavy on a 13ft rod. Anyway being a tight fisted old git I decide years ago I would buy 1 if I could get it for about £450 which would still be more than twice what I've paid for any of my other reals

Thank anyway my friend

tight lines

Bob Mc
    There's an 8-11 (rhw) available too
    Last edited by carbisdale caster; 06-04-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Hi Carbisdale Caster

Thank anyway my friend

tight lines

Bob Mc
    The 8/11 weighs 345g while the 10/13 weighs 360g that is 0.529109 oz or a smidgen over 1/2 oz. (same as 2x10p+ 1x5p coins)
    The outer diameter of the 811 is 100mm while the 1013 is 5mm larger at 105mm. All other dimensions are the same.
    I was lucky enough to get a brand new 1013 RHW on eBay for £450 last Christmas. I was the only bidder! Guess money was tight at that time of year.
    Last edited by rytenuff; 07-04-2019 at 01:36 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast