Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post

DPD have been terrific. Always arrive within their quoted time slot.
    Iv no bad experience of Royal mail or parcel force but when it comes to accuracy of service I agree with IBM, DPD are superb, they give you a one hour delivery slot and to date Iv never had a delivery outside of what the offered.
    Last edited by Saint Andrews; 11-03-2019 at 10:58 PM.
    "If I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists"

MSP 1999- "If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

I felt sorry for a guy I bought a sage rod off on ebay. It was delivered by Parcelforce. The metal tube was crushed to the point where the bottom of the tube was popped and the rod handle squashed.
    Looking at the marks it was clearly shut in the van door, must had slid out slightly on a previous stop and got caught in the door.
    As the item was 'not in condition advertised' I sent it back. I think the seller would have found it difficult to claim compensation and was truly gutted as he did send it in perfect condition. Not only did he lose his rod he had to refund the money.

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post

DPD have been terrific. Always arrive within their quoted time slot.
    Don't get me started on DPD B.
    Sent a rod to Norn Ireland on a 25 guaranteed 2 day tracked delivery, dropped off at the DPD kiosk in Stirling.
    Basically they lost it for 10 days as the tracking continually showed it as being picked up. Countless phone calls and emails didn't shed any light until it turned up on JoeEs doorstep on 12th December, 10 days late.
    Arequest for compensation was met with a flat "no chance" and you know what?
    I was just so glad to see it delivered I couldn't be ersed to argue. But what really annoyed me and Joe was that nobody was in the least interested.

Now, to book Parcelforce and miss out all the Post Office cr*p, go to Interparcel : Send a parcel from only 1.99 and get an online quote. Then book online and print off the barcode labels. Drop them off at the Post Office and your contract is with Interparcel. The last 3 rods I've sent have all been under a tenner for 48 hour tracked and insured. They have all arrived on time with absolutely no hassle.
    Way to go.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12