Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by leave_u View Post
    thanks a lot Archie.
    o was wondering about the Saracione MArk IV, do you have the 3 3/4 or the 4 size? Does it have a disk brake or a Bogdan similar type brake?

i could get a 3 3/4 on a decent price, but with perforated alu plates - hence i would rather try and get in contact with mr. Stewarts to build me a 300 and 150 replicas.....
    i fish mostly in Norway and Sweden, and specificaly target big fish, still have to work to crack the 30lb but 20lb is not an exception up there
    My wife bought me the Saracione after watching me having a look at it in House of Bruar and i have not even had a look at the brake. It is the 4 size. If you are going to fish in Norway and will be hooking 20lb fish and a real good chance of a "Big Fish" then i would give Murray a call and get on the waiting list for one of his reels. I will be honest and say i only bought my 2 x Murrays as i had a few bob lying around but i have not even taken the spool out to look at it. Sound crazy that i have these reels and know nothing about them but to me they are just a reel i fling in the bag when i am going fishing. Had a 8lb Feb Tay springer last year and the big Murray reel had that fish on its side in a few minutes, hard to describe but you feel more in control during the fight when the reel is also a multiplier as a few winds and the rod is bent to the but again. Murray reels are far superior to Saracione reels from what i have seen and if you have ever held a Murray reel you will know it almost feels bomb proof, Murray is a technical guy and he has used the best parts he can and spared no expense to get what i think is the best reel on the market at present. But like i said i am not a tackle geek that has stripped it all down to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieL View Post
    My wife bought me the Saracione after watching me having a look at it in House of Bruar and i have not even had a look at the brake. It is the 4 size. If you are going to fish in Norway and will be hooking 20lb fish and a real good chance of a "Big Fish" then i would give Murray a call and get on the waiting list for one of his reels. I will be honest and say i only bought my 2 x Murrays as i had a few bob lying around but i have not even taken the spool out to look at it. Sound crazy that i have these reels and know nothing about them but to me they are just a reel i fling in the bag when i am going fishing. Had a 8lb Feb Tay springer last year and the big Murray reel had that fish on its side in a few minutes, hard to describe but you feel more in control during the fight when the reel is also a multiplier as a few winds and the rod is bent to the but again. Murray reels are far superior to Saracione reels from what i have seen and if you have ever held a Murray reel you will know it almost feels bomb proof, Murray is a technical guy and he has used the best parts he can and spared no expense to get what i think is the best reel on the market at present. But like i said i am not a tackle geek that has stripped it all down to look at it.
    thanks a lot Archiel,

i got in touch with Murray and i am just scraping now my finances because it seems to be the best bang for the bucks
    Last edited by leave_u; 18-03-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Can I ask what the ballpark price is for a 4.0 stewart ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12