Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  35
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by getthenet View Post
    Coat hanger aerials are cool again Simon....
    Aye..I've heard Ireland have made great technical advances in recent years😂
    "What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?"

Jack Hargreaves OBE (31 December 1911Ė15 March 1994)

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Ive been using some chineese able style knockoffs for the last year or so, cost me 15 quid from ebay and i really cant see a need to pay any more, they are more than up to the job and stay clipped to my waders for unhooking. Also if i loose them in the drink its not a massive issue.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You were ripped off Rrrr, now £9.45
    Modern Aluminum Fishing Pliers Split Ring Line Cutter Scissors Fish Hook Remover | eBay
    Where There's Big Un's There's Little Un's!!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Niccancatch View Post
    I wanted uk stock so payed the extra so i didnt have to wait on the chineese postal service Are we being ripped off

I still just carry a pair of surgical forceps (proper NHS ones that were part of a batch discarded because the finger loops were wider than they should have been and wouldn't fit in the sterile cases correctly, actually they are better for my slightly thick fingers). I find them perfectly adequate for unhooking a fish & they are a lot less bulky in my wading jacket pocket than pliers - I don't want any additional belts, pouches or other extraneous additions to catch up my running line.

A cheap £1.99 nylon spiral lanyard with a clip on each end to attach it to my wading jacket in case I drop it in the river and It works just fine. I'll have a week on the Dee with what I save on the price of a pair of the Hatch pliers.

Regards, Tyke.
    Last edited by Tyke; 12-01-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simon grace View Post
    Aye..I've heard Ireland have made great technical advances in recent years😂
    suppose you heard that on the wireless😉
    "Honesty is never seen sitting astride the fence"

I have a friend who dropped a pair of £1000 binoculars in the river whilst fishing. Who needs that level of "quality" on a fishing trip????
    The reality is that suppliers know a secret that most anglers don't. Stupidity doesn't just affect poor people it affects rich people as well!!!

Several years ago, there was a raffle on this forum and I was lucky enough to win a slightly challenged Orvis watch - this became my fishing watch.
    Prior to this, I was presented with a Longines watch for a long service award, but I have always been wary of wearing it whilst fishing, probably unnecessarily.
    My fishing watch has expired finally, and I spent October to December wondering how to replace it - the solution came when my wife bought me another Orvis watch for Christmas, price £95.
    It ainít what you pay for it, itís how you intend to use it.
    Elibank

Quote Originally Posted by Elibank View Post
    Several years ago, there was a raffle on this forum and I was lucky enough to win a slightly challenged Orvis watch - this became my fishing watch.
    Prior to this, I was presented with a Longines watch for a long service award, but I have always been wary of wearing it whilst fishing, probably unnecessarily.
    My fishing watch has expired finally, and I spent October to December wondering how to replace it - the solution came when my wife bought me another Orvis watch for Christmas, price £95.
    It ainít what you pay for it, itís how you intend to use it.
    I bought a watch for fishing a few years back that had a compass, barometer, temp gauge and tide charts on it and ir cost a few quid, only thing is it bugs the life out of me under the neoprene cuffs on my wading jacket so i leave it in the car (cant leave it at home as the wife will see im not using it Are we being ripped offAre we being ripped off)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123