Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  30
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Roag Fisher View Post
    I use 106lb bs braid on one sea fishing reel. It has a diameter of 0.43 mm. That diameter would be a nightmare to hold with cold, wet fingers.
    50-80lb bs braid would have a similar diameter to 15lb mono. That, for me, would be impossible to use.
    I use 70lb braid on my codding multipliers. Honestly can't see it being much use as a running line as it's so soft. All I can foresee are multiple tangles.

As ever, happy to be proved wrong For now I'll stick to my tried and tested Amnesia. I only came to that after trying a mates identical set up - the only difference was my coated running line and his Amnesia. The difference was chalk and cheese......and I was a convert.

For a fiver - I suggest anyone (even the most sceptical!) try it.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Having discovered braid I thought it would be wonderful for shooting head backing.
    First outing the scissors came out and said braid was en route to the rubbish dump.
    I'm a great fan of braid but for shooting heads, no.

Quote Originally Posted by paddymc View Post
    Now you're talking. Can be spliced to a head or a large connecting loop formed without any knots. Shoots much like mono but easier to hold onto, especially on a cold day. It floats high so no tangling around the legs or wading stick. Downside is, can be difficult to obtain in UK, but made by airflo and occasionally turns up on Ebay. Produced in 20 and 30lbs. For distance without agro, this is the stuff I would recommend.

I use the varivas running line in 36 lbs , with one spool you can make 3 lenght of running , it's the best quality price i ever found

A+
    T

Guideline Comp has served me well for years, but for now I am on OPST Lazar and am very happy with its performance in shooting line, playing of fish, manageability when fishing, and tough enough to handle a clumsy overweight dangler thrashing it within an inch of its life.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234