Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Perth and District Anglers New members rqd. New fishing

Another year over and another little update to see if i can attract a few more hardy souls into our throng of optimistic anglers.
    We finished a reasonable year with a total catch of 81 fish split between sea trout and salmon.
    I can go on and on about the great variety but rather than bore everyone.
    If u are looking for very reasonable fishing circa 200
    For a years fishing.then take a look at the pdaa website and fire you questions in my direction
    I not only will answer them for you but im also available to show prospective anglers around.
    Largest fish jthis year.was a respectable 25 pounder caught at upper delvine by a guest.

If I stayed closer, I'd be joining. You do have a vast choice of water available to your members.

One of my friends is a member.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Default Pdaa

Westie u are just up the road lol.
    Our furthest away member comes from kent and fishes 2 or 3 times a year.
    We have a member who is the chairman of the newzealand fly fishers and has been across to fish our waters.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishconnolly View Post
    Westie u are just up the road lol.
    Our furthest away member comes from kent and fishes 2 or 3 times a year.
    We have a member who is the chairman of the newzealand fly fishers and has been across to fish our waters.
    Chris
    I suppose, bearing mind these members, 90 miles is sod all, lol! However, I have my ADAA and BAC fishing with the private lets over and above, Also have decided to rejoin KAC next year too -my old stomping ground.

Even 50 miles closer and I'd keep the latter, dump the former and join in a flash.

Tight lines to all your members, new and old, for 2019.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Default Pdaa

Always the optimistic bunch hoping each new season is better than the previous.
    Salmon fishing is more of a passion and obsession than a sport.
    Club has some very successful anglers tgat put the time in and know alot of our waters intimately.
    The problem with having such a vast arrange of fishing
    Isgetting knowledge of it all.
    I have just been asked to write up a piece on tge stirling council fishings.
    The river forth and teith which was my stamping ground before moving to perth some 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishconnolly View Post
    Always the optimistic bunch hoping each new season is better than the previous.
    Salmon fishing is more of a passion and obsession than a sport.
    Club has some very successful anglers tgat put the time in and know alot of our waters intimately.
    The problem with having such a vast arrange of fishing
    Isgetting knowledge of it all.
    I have just been asked to write up a piece on tge stirling council fishings.
    The river forth and teith which was my stamping ground before moving to perth some 10 years ago.
    That would great Chris, I shied away from the Forth and Teith tickets this year as I didn't know the water, a write up would really help. What would be even better is a video guide similar to the Ericht one but appreciate this takes considerably more time

Chris
    For those of us who live some distance away can you refresh on the groundrules for getting advance bookings and permit limits for the beats.
    I gave up on Muirtons a few years back but the locals always said PDAA was worth a shot.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by porteouz View Post
    That would great Chris, I shied away from the Forth and Teith tickets this year as I didn't know the water, a write up would really help. What would be even better is a video guide similar to the Ericht one but appreciate this takes considerably more time
    I know very little about the Forth and Teith fishing but as a PDAA member I used the Forth and Teith ticket twice. On one occasion I fished the Geisher Pool at Callendar and on the other I fished the Rocks, Pool, Trap and Bedshot which are easily accessible from angler's car park just down from Angling Active. All these places shown on the maps on the PDAA website. The locals were very friendly and helpful. Look out for one guy's videos on You Tube by the name of Conrancat. Very useful. The downside is that when conditions are good it can be a little busy compared to being on say Findynate on the Tay!
    When I arrived at about 8.30 am I had to wait on one or two guys to go through the pool by midday it was more like half a dozen. But very friendly and good banter.
    One obvious thing I learned was that at Rocks for instance, for a similar depth to the Tay the slower speed means use a lighter polyleader or you will catch the bottom. Hardly rocket science. And no I never caught a fish but there is always, hopefully, next year.
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by clydesider View Post
    Chris
    For those of us who live some distance away can you refresh on the groundrules for getting advance bookings and permit limits for the beats.
    I gave up on Muirtons a few years back but the locals always said PDAA was worth a shot.
    Mike
    Once you are a member there are a regular number of online ballots which become open to you. Sent out regularly by the Salmon Secretary. You tick the days you are free to fish and you should win at least a couple of days on each ballot. The website also lists the fishing available and as a member you can access and book available beats up to a week in advance. Obviously particularly popular beats will go quickly but keep an eye on them right to the last minute as cancellations are always popping up even on places like Murthly. At least one beat does not even require booking by members and although I have ignored it in the past a glance at this year's catch records suggests that might change.
    Len

Default Forth and teith pdaa

Thanks guys for all the replies makes my job so much easier to do.
    Pdaa tickets work like this
    On our website we have a number of beats available to members that can book one week in advance.
    For members staying a distance away this helps greatly as soon as they book the fishing via the wrbsite a ticket is generated and sent to their email address.
    The ballets are run on a number of the very popular fishing so that everyone gets a fair chance at securing a days fishing.
    One ballet each month normally until the summer fishing kicks in although we do normally also ballot the upper scone fishings in July.
    Ballots are sent out to members emails and a closing date is included.
    As suggested in the ballet i would like to think i would get at least one days fishing per ballot
    If anyone would like further information happy to take a call. 07590 651 820.
    The forth and the teith will get a write up on the website however again if anyone would like to see it in person then i can arrange to meet and show them either river.
    A video on the two rivers is not going to be easy as the committee member who did the ericht one has since left the committee.
    I am also no longer coaching officer for the club although i am a licenced sngling coach.
    I promote the club as i believe we offer our members good value fishing on a good variety of beats.
    Not being on the commitee doesnt give me the same scope to share info on here but as i said
    If you are thinking of joining then give me a call or you need info on beats you havent fished before the im here to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast