Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieL View Post
    Without quoting exact figures i believe there are regulations in place at present regarding force culls of farmed salmon when sea lice numbers are too high. How many times has this been executed in Scotland in relation to M.H sites in Norway and what was the lice numbers required in Scotland + Norway which would force a cull ? Read some stuff but to me this seems like Salmon Farmers cosying up to Scotgov and to be seen to be trying to acknowledge a problem when in the background there is going to be an increase in new sites "Further Offshore" . I think all this is to a allow expansion im afraid , only my opinion mind.
    Not in Scotland! In Norway if lice get above, I think, 0.5 adults per salmon the stock can be compulsorily slaughtered, with the farmer footing all the costs. In Scotland there is a voluntary code which states that lice should not get above, I think, 9 adults per salmon, but with no sanctions if they do. I believe at Garynahine it was several hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    Not in Scotland! In Norway if lice get above, I think, 0.5 adults per salmon the stock can be compulsorily slaughtered, with the farmer footing all the costs. In Scotland there is a voluntary code which states that lice should not get above, I think, 9 adults per salmon, but with no sanctions if they do. I believe at Garynahine it was several hundred.
    Loxie i believed Scotgov could impose the killing of fish in Scotland when lice numbers increased above set guidelines (Way higher than Norway) but they choose not too, i am almost certain they had the powers but instead issue improvement notices. I may be wrong. Anyway the Smoking Gun is new rules only apply to new Farms and new Farms mean the farmers get the expansion they wanted while duping the public. The industry IMHO can do what it want in Scotland as the Scotgov and its various departments have lost control of them and would not want to rock the boat due to income and jobs etc...Total Joke IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieL View Post
    Loxie i believed Scotgov could impose the killing of fish in Scotland when lice numbers increased above set guidelines (Way higher than Norway) but they choose not too, i am almost certain they had the powers but instead issue improvement notices. I may be wrong. Anyway the Smoking Gun is new rules only apply to new Farms and new Farms mean the farmers get the expansion they wanted while duping the public. The industry IMHO can do what it want in Scotland as the Scotgov and its various departments have lost control of them and would not want to rock the boat due to income and jobs etc...Total Joke IMO.
    I,m sure they have limits but apparently some farms were 13 times over the limit !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mows View Post
    They also used the old chestnut, we are experimenting with cleaner fish.
    That's almost 40 years they've been trialing this new wonder treatment that might work.
    It really pees me off that the bbc have never asked why they think it might work after failing for 40 years!!!

The other thing that astounds me is the amount of hydrogen peroxide there is at these sites with absolutely no protection or security.

I always thought, it was key ingredient in bomb making.

Surely the UK government/ security cant allow this to be sitting there waiting to be stolen and managed under dubious measuring means, so that even if it was stolen, there may be no record of it.

Cheers

Mows
    Why steal it,we could act like sabs and stick detonators in the drums,that would be some fireworks LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12