Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cleaning waders

Just a thought to all of this, how does the washing cycle and secondary re-proofing cycle affect home repairs with Aquasure etc?,got the odd blob or two(er well more than the odd blob!) of Aquasure on both my pairs, including some serious repairs to one pair!
    Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    Just a thought to all of this, how does the washing cycle and secondary re-proofing cycle affect home repairs with Aquasure etc?,got the odd blob or two(er well more than the odd blob!) of Aquasure on both my pairs, including some serious repairs to one pair!
    Pedro.
    I was wondering this aswel as mine have been to diver dave a few times and wasnt sure if his sealer would hold up in the washer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cgaines10 View Post
    Well I put them through the washing machine with that cleaner that was recommended & theyíve come out like new. Iíve ordered some of the water repellent from diver dave.

Cheers guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    I was wondering this aswel as mine have been to diver dave a few times and wasnt sure if his sealer would hold up in the washer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Dave has commented on an influx of Repel orders and asked if there was a forum thread that mentioned it ! I pointed him to this discussion, don't know if he's following but if not maybe someone in recent contact can ask about the effects of washing on the standard "Diver Dave" repaired waders?
    Last edited by noeyedeer; 09-11-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Pedro.
    No problem Iíve done all the seams on my waders with stormsure

Step 1

Hang them by their straps in the garage after the last outing of the season. Before the start of a new season, examine the length of the straps - if excessive stretch is indicated, itís time for....

Step 2.

Grasp waders and smash them against next doorís fence to remove caked mud.

Your waders are now ready for use
    Elibank

Pedro.
    I do repairs inside of my waders and also do the washing cycle inside out. Aquasure or Aquaseal didnít show any signs of defects after the washing cycle.
    But the seams of my Patagonia and my Vision waders showed some signs. The seams were delaminating partially at the edges; not much, just a little bit. It wasnít the case with any of my Simms waders.
    - Letīs be intolerant to intolerance - to protect tolerance -
    "paradox of tolerance"
    (British-Austrian philosopher Sir K. R. Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies)

Well, some want to have the smell of fish and mud outside and their sweat and DNA inside, rubbed in deeply over years ...😁 some like to clean their equipment and wash their waders (as suggested by the manufacturers).
    A question to the latter group:
    In general, I am in doubt about doing the washing cycle, as said above, inside out.
    I couldnít find any suggestions to this question, outside or inside? Any experiences?
    - Letīs be intolerant to intolerance - to protect tolerance -
    "paradox of tolerance"
    (British-Austrian philosopher Sir K. R. Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123