Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather.

Default Weather.

Found this, and god do I hope it's true...

By the Friday the weather looks quite topsy turvy. A low pressure develops and heads from the North Sea into Scotland from the east. Strong winds tuck around this, but it contains some warmer air aloft and the risk of heavy and persistent rain.

Fingers crossed everyone!

Oscar.

Only light rain is forecasted in South West Wales. We need the rain to miss Scotland and hit much further south!!!

Default Weather

I really hope its right, I've been holding off booking an end of September trip for a long time now!

If you look at all the different weather forecasts BBC,accuweather,met office,weatherorrnot etc I'm sure you'll find one that says what you want it to say..
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by simon grace View Post
    If you look at all the different weather forecasts BBC,accuweather,met office,weatherorrnot etc I'm sure you'll find one that says what you want it to say..
    Ha ha, that's exactly what I do! They are all forecasting something, varying between over an inch and 1mm!

Oscar.

PS. weatherornot is a new one on me!

Murphy's Law of Meteorology: the more you want the less you get.

And the effects typified by Divine Madness - Vanishing Rain of Inverness

It's certainly not raining here today - 35C and 40%RH - but I see there's some forecast for the headwaters of the Tweed in time for next week's adventure at Tillmouth. No doubt it will evaporate in accordance with normal practice.

Dry as a very dry thingy here today
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    Dry as a very dry thingy here today

That's very dry indeed, baby
    If they have no bread let them eat Brexit.

It's officially the hottest summer in England ever recorded and joint hottest in the UK. Rain seems to have been forecast for a weeks time ever since May, but it moves back then disappears. It's getting to be too late now for the rivers I fish and no doubt if it does rain it will not stop and the rivers will be too high!

Seen it too many times - loads of rain forecast and then it all changes when the week comes round.

According to metcheck there's going to be a couple of inches in Aberdeenshire mid month but it will soon change. Nevertheless there does seem like rain coming

it would be sod's law to get flooded off as Loxie says but its better hoping the river will clear after a huge flood as opposed to counting the stones on the river bed.

WD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast