Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jungle Cock

Quote Originally Posted by Dryfly View Post
    I thought they were protected so a licence of some kind was needed? I was told by a Tiger protection officer who worked at Bandavghar (best place in the world to see a wild tiger btw) that Ron has a agreement with the Indian government to supply them if there is a crisis in the wild stock in the nature reserves and that strengthens his case for having the licence. No idea if its true though.
    I think his advertising blurb sets this out. IIRC, one of the conditions is that if called upon he has to return stock to supplement native stocks.
    I bought a beautiful top grade cape from him - top price but top quality.

Makes sense about a liscense of some sort or everyone that tied flies would have a couple in the garden. My aunt and uncle have a small holding and the mink make a complete mess in the pet duck and geese pens when they get in and they used to get people in to deal with them, they also used to really spook the pigs for some reason aswel.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Default Mink

It seems to me that there is a strong case for saying that everyone who has mink living nearby should be trapping them if they can.

Surely Veniard's would buy the pelts?

We have a long standing, effectivish mink trapping programme down on many southern rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Invermarnoch View Post
    It seems to me that there is a strong case for saying that everyone who has mink living nearby should be trapping them if they can.

Surely Veniard's would buy the pelts?
    I certainly agree everyone should trap them.

There are issues selling the pelts as fur farming is illegal in this country, we have to import fur from unregulated farms in China with horrifically low standards of welfare instead, so I'm not certain if selling British sourced mink pelts is legal. The same geniuses who thought this one up also banned mink hunting, come to think of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    I certainly agree everyone should trap them.
    3 foot of 6-8" plastic waste pipe buried at 45-60 degrees is the river bank with a fish head in it is a method I've seen used.

Mink gets tempted in by the fish head but can't climb back out the slippery pipe.
    I think I've got this work life balance thingy right.

That is to say I spend more time in work thinking about fishing than I spend fishing and thinking about work!

Quote Originally Posted by salarchaser View Post
    3 foot of 6-8" plastic waste pipe buried at 45-60 degrees is the river bank with a fish head in it is a method I've seen used.

Mink gets tempted in by the fish head but can't climb back out the slippery pipe.
    This is what we do, a tin of kitekat works well if no fish heads available

BTW, I'm going to the Indian jungle in the winter with a very spacious case... ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12