Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Terrible start to the season

How much longer will the fish in our rivers last this spell with no. Fresh water, Iíve had 1 days fishing since the start of the season and am about to fire in the towel if we dnt get rain soon , plz plz rain

Quote Originally Posted by superfly127 View Post
    How much longer will the fish in our rivers last this spell with no. Fresh water, Iíve had 1 days fishing since the start of the season and am about to fire in the towel if we dnt get rain soon , plz plz rain
    Unfortunately it has gone beyond a bad start and is quickly becoming a disaster from the anglers point of view!!!!

It used not to be as bad before we had an internet to share our misery.

The Avon had a potentialy a great scenario from the start, loads of water, right into June, fish were there, but not in anything like the usual numbers and those that arrived just kept going. The past 3 weeks have been a nightmare of high temperatures ,meaning all salmon fishing is stopped, and if this weather stays put, the season might well be over already!
    peter

Just to remind all members what it looks like as some of us may have forgottenRainfall.jpg

Raining in Brodick right at this very moment
    Big drops too.
    Unfortunately , there are big spaces between them.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Just had the first drops on the Costa del Clyde

Whilst I have sympathy for all the anglers out there (me being one). The only thing we have lost is a few days on the bank probably blanking!

Have a thought for the ghillies, shop owners, and associated people relying on us being on said "bank" not earning a penny whilst we moan about lack of rain!
    FISH ON!!! FISH OFF!!!!

Default Worst Season in Memory

On the back of the disastrous Autumn last season and all the talk about the runs changing from Autumn to Spring/Summer, I booked a number of days this year. My reward for 16 days on well known beats on the Tweed, Tyne and Tay has been one salmon! This includes fishing late into the evening during heat wave conditions.

I have more days booked on the Tweed in the next few weeks but it looks absolutely hopeless unless we get some decent rain which is still not forecast!

Surely the fish must come at some point and perhaps this year we will get a proper Autumn run. I'm not holding my breath though!

Look for pools below hydro outflows as the water is cooler and oxygenated. There is a scarcity of salmon everywhere, but the ones there take well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast