Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My CPUE is higher on the Usk than the Varzuga.

Quote Originally Posted by flytay View Post
    On the back of the disastrous Autumn last season and all the talk about the runs changing from Autumn to Spring/Summer, I booked a number of days this year. My reward for 16 days on well known beats on the Tweed, Tyne and Tay has been one salmon! This includes fishing late into the evening during heat wave conditions.

I have more days booked on the Tweed in the next few weeks but it looks absolutely hopeless unless we get some decent rain which is still not forecast!

Surely the fish must come at some point and perhaps this year we will get a proper Autumn run. I'm not holding my breath though!
    I was visiting the Selkirk /Galashiels and Kelso area last weekend . The Tweed is very low and probably unproductive but oh what a feeling when you are bankside . The excitement and urge to fish is always strong .
    Fish are being caught here and there in all UK rivers or so I am told but you need very small flies , 14s and 16's doubles in drab colours such as Stoats tail ,silver stoat or willie gunn .

I hope the weather breaks for you before your Tweed trip and we get a good flood or two .
    Tight lines .

Id a decent start 2 springers for 6 days on rivers, only had 1 day in the past two months, been managing to restrain and stick to the plan this season for a change if conditions are poor save the pain and petrol
    hoping weather breaks for a week on the Deveron mid August or will be tough going

I have had 6 days spring fishing with decent water heights but not even a pull. I then had half a days fishing in very low water on a hot sunny day and managed a nice 7lb fish using a single hander, floating line with tapered leader and a size 12 Kinermony Killer.
    Crazy season so far

Cheers Diarmid.
    Last edited by rs2ford; 12-07-2018 at 07:36 PM.

I could be brutally honest and simply ask, what start to the season?,so far 3 half days for absolutely nowt. Not even considered it for the past month. Currently sat on my hands and bored as hell!.
    Pedro

Its definately getting boring, cant fish, the rivers are closed, currently 3c over the cut off temperature, no let up in sight, my local river, the Thames is like a lake and very warm, the barbel will be a tad tricky and even if you caught one, returning it successfully not easy. maybe the beach???
    peter

I had 2 in May and have fished for about 6 hours in June, nothing after the first week. This time last year I was over 20 by now. It is what it is and it will eventually rain, surely?! When it does I will try quite hard but until then I'm spending time with friends and family. Next year will be wet and the rivers filled with salmon and my missus and kids will hardly see me!

Us bricklayers have never had it so good 🤑

This is my worst season by far !
    3 salmon and 1 Sea Trout from the River Till.
    I fish the Bottom Tweed quite a lot on Horncliffe and 2 other beats and have failed miserably so far.
    I was in Connemara last week and saw more fish in 3 days than I have seen all season on the Tweed. Unfortunately conditions were the same as here and I failed to catch as did everyone else. 1 lost fish was my only excitement. Last season I had 12 fish by the end of July and that was a poor season. This looks like its going to be abysmal.
    I think I will be getting the coarse rods out soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12