Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camp Onka

Default Camp Onka

Anyone fished here? Any good? Good fly water, numbers of fish, accommodation, guides etc etc?
    Thanks

Default Orkla

You can GOOGLE: Norwegian Salmon catches and get those for all the main rivers.

I've fished it twice, years ago, its about Middle Tweed sized but heavily- controlled for HE power.

Don't know Camp Orkla but you want to be as low down as fishes OK. There's a booklet Salmon Fishing in Norway. I'll scan Orkla page for you but it's old too.

There is a guy on here from Orkla, why not run the Search Engine on " Orkla " and read his posts. Orkla fisher or similar.

If it were me, I would stay right away from any ticket/ club water and ensure you know exactly what the beat arrangements are. Taking what they say with pinch of salt.

In fact, try and go the whole hog and get away up to Finnmark in July time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryfly View Post
    Anyone fished here? Any good? Good fly water, numbers of fish, accommodation, guides etc etc?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Dave Wilkinson; 09-07-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wilkinson View Post
    You can GOOGLE: Norwegian Salmon catches and get those for all the main rivers.

I've fished it twice, years ago, its about Middle Tweed sized but heavily- controlled for HE power.

Don't know Camp Orkla but you want to be as low down as fishes OK. There's a booklet Salmon Fishing in Norway. I'll scan Orkla page for you but it's old too.

There is a guy on here from Orkla, why not run the Search Engine on " Orkla " and read his posts. Orkla fisher or similar.

If it were me, I would stay right away from any ticket/ club water and ensure you know exactly what the beat arrangements are. Taking what they say with pinch of salt.

In fact, try and go the whole hog and get away up to Finnmark in July time.
    With all due respect, Camp Onka is in Swedish Lappland and has nothing to do with the Orkla. I have not fished it, so canít help, but I just wanted to stop a confusion!
    G.

Default Quite right

Tusen Takk - next time I'll find my reading glasses !!

Quote Originally Posted by Gauldalen View Post
    With all due respect, Camp Onka is in Swedish Lappland and has nothing to do with the Orkla. I have not fished it, so canít help, but I just wanted to stop a confusion!
    G.

Thanks
    Beautiful place but alot of colored fish they are often very big but like all baltics hard to catch as the season goes on.
    June amd then august would be my choice northern sweden can get extremely warm in July its worth going as its such a nice place even if the fishing is somimes difficult
    Last edited by rotenone; 09-07-2018 at 09:36 PM.

I have fished above the Onka beat so walked through the camp.

If wilderness fishing, camping, and being eaten alive by Mossies turns you on then by all means Campsite is deep in the Swedish woods, about 30mins from Hukanmaa, your nearest town. Fish are big and powerful but bad takers compared to our fish.

Big flies sunk deep (Sink 3/4/6 etc) and traveling fast is the name off the game. You'll get silver fish to about mid Aug, then the lads who have stayed back and coloured up will come on the take.

If you go and be lucky enough to hook into one, be sure to have plenty off backing and be ready to follow him down the river, dont wait!

We didn't go this year and by looks of things so far, it was the right choice.
    Last edited by JoeE; 10-07-2018 at 12:55 AM.

Thanks chaps.
    I was looking at the lodge rather than camping (I think its relatively new). But, doesn't really sound terribly exciting compared to other places even though its reasonably priced for an all inclusive week (1.8k Euro) Oh hum.... back to the drawing board I fear.

All I want is a 5 star place teeming with keen takers that's cheap. I was hoping to go sooner rather than wait for the after-life...

How was Russia this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Roag Fisher View Post
    How was Russia this year?
    Curates egg. Week 1 was outstanding as was week 2 - but for all the wrong reasons.

Curates egg. Week 1 was outstanding as was week 2 - but for all the wrong reasons.
    Intrigued.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast