Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Loch Faskally

Default Loch Faskally

Does anyone know if there is a blockage in the salmon ladder into Lock Faskally?
    Only 76 fish registered through the counter when we should be into the high hundreds at the very least

In all honesty?,there isn't high hundreds of fish in the entire Tay system, let alone the Tummel.The counter can't register what isn't there in the first place!.
    Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    In all honesty?,there isn't high hundreds of fish in the entire Tay system, let alone the Tummel.The counter can't register what isn't there in the first place!.
    Pedro.
    That was my fear mate

What is the water temp in C. Twitter not updated in 2 weeks, but sounds bad.

I believe the season is about 4 weeks behind last year and this is borne out by the stats from Pitlochry Angling Club. The count on 18 May 2017 was 1,446 fish against 76 fish this year. By comparison, on 11 April 2017, the count was 77 fish. I think the next 4 weeks will be critical and will be an indication if this year is going to be one of the worse on record or just late!

Quote Originally Posted by flytay View Post
    I believe the season is about 4 weeks behind last year and this is borne out by the stats from Pitlochry Angling Club. The count on 18 May 2017 was 1,446 fish against 76 fish this year. By comparison, on 11 April 2017, the count was 77 fish. I think the next 4 weeks will be critical and will be an indication if this year is going to be one of the worse on record or just late!
    The just late theory is a comfortable fit but canít see it ? Hope Iím wrong.