Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Vosseler S2 would fit the bill nicely as well. Good reels, just like the Danielssons and Lamsons. Just over 200 new.

Thanks my previous reel was a make do and mend reel that has died. it was nice, a cortland cassete reel that has ben discontinued now I think but it was never somethign special. I was looking for a reel that will do me a long time (being 17 I hopefully have a large amount of fishing ahead of me) Will balance it on the pivet point and see how heavy it needs. Liked the Danielsson

Quote Originally Posted by MCXFisher View Post

The range of weights is wide: a Danielsson L5W #8/12 weighs around 215 grams, whereas the Vision Tank 4 is close to 300 grams, so it pays to get this right.

If the weight of the Danielsson does indeed match your rod you are unlikely to find a better reel at that price point. The quality of manufacture is first class and the drag is sealed for life.
    Think it will be the danielsson, just did the bag mehtod and it takes 202grams to ballance the rod (or 1 orange and a lemon)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweed123 View Post
    Think it will be the danielsson, just did the bag mehtod and it takes 202grams to ballance the rod (or 1 orange and a lemon)
    Did you do this bag test in a stream with the head and around 7yrds of running line outside rod tip?
    Id rather have something I don't need than need something I haven't got!!

that is a good point, suppose the only way to find out is to trial and error

Default Reel

Quote Originally Posted by scotsmac1 View Post
    Best value for money, bar none. Danielson.
    Also so simple. so no complications

Be fast. Their is one for sale in Classified. Buy it.
    You took the words from my mouth scotmac

I saw the one for sale however i have no need for the 10wt rio line so it works out the same cost to get a new one from sweeden

that is a good point, suppose the only way to find out is to trial and error
    Or, you could weight 7 yards of line and estimate the additional force applied by the current.

Then, using small chunks of Banana (keeping with the fruit theme), you can add another bag at the rod tip to represent the effective weight at that end of the rod.

Finally, repeat the orange & apple process at the butt end and weigh the contents to get the weight you really need.

Of course you need to take account of the weight of backing and running line, and remember to run the process through several times with more or less Blueberries to take into account different currents........

Or just do what you did, you won't be a million miles out and you're already a step ahead of many fishermen. You can always add a bit of lead foil tape weight if it's way under. That will be easier than looking for a reel that is 34.72g heavier than the Danielson.

Thanks

Danielsson reels were up on my list aswell was thinking about the L5W6nine or L5W8twelve
    I have both of them, what is the rod they are intended for???

Quote Originally Posted by Jamross65 View Post
    I have both of them, what is the rod they are intended for???
    They are meant for a 12ft double hander that will be used with backing, running line and then the shooting head. Initially I though the smaller one but now the bigger

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast