Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You are quite right, very good point!

QUOTE=Chicharito;1052541]It is disappointing after all the anticipation.
    Just go and have a good time. Often its the holidays with the least expectations that turn out best.[/QUOTE]

When you're not lucky enough to live by the river and your fishing days are few and far between, my advice is always go fishing ever if it appears hopeless.
    As soon as there is one fish in the beat, there's a chance to catch it.
    My best trout fishing day ever was fifteen years ago in August at midday under the shiniest sun with no insect on top of the water and a temperature of between 35-40C. And I remember the first salmon I caught was early May, 3C, under heavy hail and fast blowing wind.
    Further, even you don't catch anything, and whatever the weather, you'll be better outside than at the office or in the hut

Quote Originally Posted by pfeul View Post
    When you're not lucky enough to live by the river and your fishing days are few and far between, my advice is always go fishing ever if it appears hopeless.
    As soon as there is one fish in the beat, there's a chance to catch it.
    My best trout fishing day ever was fifteen years ago in August at midday under the shiniest sun with no insect on top of the water and a temperature of between 35-40C. And I remember the first salmon I caught was early May, 3C, under heavy hail and fast blowing wind.
    Further, even you don't catch anything, and whatever the weather, you'll be better outside than at the office or in the hut
    Agree with that ! Very true. More to fishing than catching anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic1 View Post
    Agree with that ! Very true. More to fishing than catching anyway.
    Please explain what you mean.

Imagine a pristine glowing spring fish taken well against the odds.You can't buy fish like that, it's entirely in your grasp to make it happen too!
    Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    Imagine a pristine glowing spring fish taken well against the odds.
    Then imagine having to put it back.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

I usualy look at the weather and levels, think about it for a few seconds then get in the car and drive up and fish it anyway. Time spent on the bank beats time working and cutting the lawn etc, even if it is just standing abiut talking about past fish and comparing fly and lure boxes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't see what all the fuss is about. There might be a bit of snow on Friday but the river temperature should be ok. The air temperature will not be cold enough for the river to form grue. The wind will be cold and from the east so basically upstream which is not the best but only moderate in strength. I have caught many salmon over the years in far worse conditions. I would still be full of anticipation if it was me fishing the next three days.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee-Eck View Post
    I don't see what all the fuss is about. There might be a bit of snow on Friday but the river temperature should be ok. The air temperature will not be cold enough for the river to form grue. The wind will be cold and from the east so basically upstream which is not the best but only moderate in strength. I have caught many salmon over the years in far worse conditions. I would still be full of anticipation if it was me fishing the next three days.
    Ive not found an upstream wind yet that i cant cast a toby into and cover fish lol

That would get the Ghillie hoping about. Its only a 45 to 50 mph wind forecast so may chance a switch rod and scandi

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Ive not found an upstream wind yet that i cant cast a toby into and cover fish lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast