Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  254
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dryfly View Post
    Andreas will be learning a hard lesson. He will be making a generous donation to LTC, and were it not illegal he would not be sitting down for quite some time. He will not be staying any longer.

To be clear I am me, Dryfly. He is not me nor Compy for that matter. My thesis was not about functionality of SAI SRM but about risk governance. Mum died.

And the Dee. Cold. Very low and amazingly clear but no fresh fish in sight and leaky waders.
    Good luck mate keep the fly in the water, I remember not getting a pull till the last hour of the third day up there, and then two chromers. had a few drams with the doon and longchuck and I dont like whisky

Quote Originally Posted by happy days View Post
    I think having an imaginary friend is cool
    My 4 year old daughter has an imaginary friend called Suzy. Suzy is very naughty and whenever naughtiness is occurring Suzy is blamed. And for far ting.

Mine keeps telling me to cheer up or do one

Hmmmm

I started off here on the forum looking for a bit of information on something or other to do with fishing - can't remember what now. Little did I know at the time but it's turned out to be capable of so much more. Politics, terrorism, cars, guns, fox hunting, cricket, rugby, ecology, environment, jokes, line dancing, music, used gear, multiple personality disorder - are there no subjects the forum can't help illuminate?

When it comes to the occasional multiple personalities making out that they are someone else I'm not well tuned in and in fact it took a nice forum member to point out only a month or two ago of our Russian correspondents previous identity. When pointed out it was obvious of course but I'm bound to say his reincarnation was nothing like as entertaining as the original persona and I miss the poetry too!

But anyway just for my own understanding. In summary..........

Someone called Andreas fishing with Dryfly nicked a picture of a fish caught 3 years ago off the internet, posted it somewhere and claimed they caught it themselves on Saturday?*

Koka Kola then responded to a post put to Dryfly as if he was in fact Dryfly who had inadvertently responded whilst logged in as KK - thereby implying that Dryfly and KK were one and the same.

Dryfly disputes this and other than the presumptuous nature of KKs post there is no other proof of dual personality subterfuge (not withstanding the compy KK thing of course) so that might be right.

So, the only realistic explanation here is that KK did what he did deliberately as a way of removing himself publicly from the forum since his position as an imposter makes his persona untenable. To accept this we would then also have to believe that KK/compo has a rather nasty side to his personality because on the basis that some mud always sticks this episode will reflect negatively on the good Dryfly. (Never really saw that with compy/kk myself - notwithstanding the streetfight with Safranfoer that caused the bards demise)

The entertainment is fabulous, please keep it up fellas Sometimes I'm guilty of losing the plot in a complex movie (lack of concentration with fiction I suppose) so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't barking up the wrong tree with this thriller

Dryfly old chap, welcome back and all and I for one missed your posts, but is there anything you can add that would help me get this straight in my own noggin

* Though quite what this has to do with the unfolding identity drama I'm not sure. Anyone? Besides - kelt

I'm just going to say it again - I had NOTHING to do with Compy's demise. I will openly state that I tried, because it was vile to me, but the admin at the time said there was no evidence of this, all threads to do with beavers having no place on the riverbank and poor writers and anything I inferred from them were all entirely in my head, and I was threatened with a ban myself.

Whatever got it banned, it wasn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by Safranfoer View Post
    I'm just going to say it again - I had NOTHING to do with Compy's demise. I will openly state that I tried, because it was vile to me, but the admin at the time said there was no evidence of this, all threads to do with beavers having no place on the riverbank and poor writers and anything I inferred from them were all entirely in my head, and I was threatened with a ban myself.

Whatever got it banned, it wasn't me.
    ok, no worries, should have said

(Never really saw that with compy/kk myself - notwithstanding the streetfight with Safranfoer that was associated with the bards demise)

Default Compy?

Who is this Compy you all go on about?

I feel old

I feel like anyone who asks what Compy is probably is Compy.

Do we think there was only ever one Compy? Or a shared log in?

And honestly. Who is Andreas?

This thread is perplexing.

Caught anything, Dryfly? Make it better...

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast