Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phatagrova View Post
    I believe your way to early , end of March, then April & May , the Finn is a spate river but given water can produce the goods
    , you can stay Glenmore Lodge

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...kzaE2c7qA3mNCa
    I cannot go then . It will need to be in February around the middle . Thats why I asked where is the best for fishing with good accommodation in February . Surely there will be bits in Ireland every bit as good as the Dee or Tay in February ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan Crocodile View Post
    I cannot go then . It will need to be in February around the middle . Thats why I asked where is the best for fishing with good accommodation in February . Surely there will be bits in Ireland every bit as good as the Dee or Tay in February ?
    No way don't waste your trip there's little or no rivers open, go to Scotland if you must fish as early in the season

Google is - sometimes - your friend!

Just type 'careysville' and all will be revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by castor View Post
    Google is - sometimes - your friend!

Just type 'careysville' and all will be revealed!
    By repute it used to be some of the best Spring fishing anywhere, is it still good?

Seriously contact Mike at AM Angling he will sort you out

If conditions give you a chance the Laune in Kerry can be good ... well organised waters and guides, won't break the bank either. Lots of nice places to stay and eat in Killarney. Can be crowded tho if the reports are good.

Laune Anglers Fishing

On a good year you might strike it lucky at the nearby Glencar River ... also known as the Caragh river. Well organised and a guide around too. Lovely spot.

Lough Caragh | The Great Fishing Houses of Ireland

Impossible to guarantee anything today, even at the once magnificent Careysville ... if you fancy paying a king's ransom and can get in. They only do week-long lets for groups I think, silver service etc. Plenty of options on lower Blackwater but mid Feb probably a bit early. You'd be very lucky to get a fish, amazingly so to get two.

Galway weir if you fancy a bit of SAS wading ...
    Last edited by JACK POWER; 12-01-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JACK POWER View Post
    If conditions give you a chance the Laune in Kerry can be good ... well organised waters and guides, won't break the bank either. Lots of nice places to stay and eat in Killarney. Can be crowded tho if the reports are good.

Laune Anglers Fishing

On a good year you might strike it lucky at the nearby Glencar River ... also known as the Caragh river. Well organised and a guide around too. Lovely spot.

Lough Caragh | The Great Fishing Houses of Ireland

Impossible to guarantee anything today, even at the once magnificent Careysville ... if you fancy paying a king's ransom and can get in. They only do week-long lets for groups I think, silver service etc. Plenty of options on lower Blackwater but mid Feb probably a bit early. You'd be very lucky to get a fish, amazingly so to get two.

Galway weir if you fancy a bit of SAS wading ...
    They had availability for the Careysville that suited me but wouldnt let me book a single rod for the full week . Also the catch records dont reflect the price they wanted where I could go to Argentina at the same time of year ...... Which I will now look further into perhaps .

Way too early for Ireland I'm afraid.

I've binned the idea now . I'm over in Ireland again in May on Corrib with Larry McCarthy for a few days so looking forward to that .

Looking into Argentina ....................

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan Crocodile View Post
    I've binned the idea now . I'm over in Ireland again in May on Corrib with Larry McCarthy for a few days so looking forward to that .

Looking into Argentina ....................
    Larry will look after you and it's a great time to be there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast