Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  144
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default Bbc alba tonight

Just another reminder to watch BBC ALBA 2030PM TONIGHT.....Episode 1 of 6
    Last edited by Torrish; 10-01-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    Fish where there is most fish and you are 90% there to becoming a successful angler.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrish View Post
    Just another reminder to watch BBC ALBA 2030PM TONIGHT.....Episode 1 of 6
    Cheers Torrish,
    Recorder set for full series😀

Is this a repeat of a previous series?
    Cheers Diarmid.

Quote Originally Posted by rs2ford View Post
    Is this a repeat of a previous series?
    Cheers Diarmid.
    Series 4
    Fish where there is most fish and you are 90% there to becoming a successful angler.

One episode is on the river Farrel, first time there this year so really looking forward to it

I think there's a small piece filmed at the Fhorsa system tonight in the Hebrides where i ghillied the last 2 seasons. Im sure head ghillie Chris, got talking to them for a while.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    One day I'll fish the Junction pool Hidden Content

From the Alba 'Today' listing on the web:

"Neen MacKay explores the world of salmon and fly fishing in Scotland. In this episode, Neen is in the Hebrides, where unspoiled salmon systems offer some of the most exciting wild fishing in Europe. "

In view of the large number of escapees and lice problems throughout the Western Isles I cannot but wonder if the BBC is in breach of some law or other in making the claim highlighted in red!?

Now that I have seen it all I can say is; Well...talk about a programme financed by the Industry and the BBC's duty to fearlessly report the truth!!

But it was good to see that Donnie has not lost his touch!
    Last edited by castor; 10-01-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Nice to see Jason Laing again, 14 years since we were at Grimestra, incredible place. Was really disappointed about the way they spoke of the impact of Salmon farms, very poor show

Interesting program as it always has been, but a total cop out on the salmon farming issue. Can't say I'm surprised, but still disappointed.
    "I almost stabbed me eye out on a pushbike and that REALLY hurt." Martin, G. (2011).

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bankwheel View Post
    Nice to see Jason Laing again, 14 years since we were at Grimestra, incredible place. Was really disappointed about the way they spoke of the impact of Salmon farms, very poor show

My best memory of Jason was one day we were in the roving boat on Loch One. Jason had the Chairman in his boat and both boats were hard on the imaginary line dividing the two beats. A few exchanges each telling the other to go somewhere else were heard at high volume. I lit a cigarette only to hear Jason's voice yelling:

"Mr C, this is a no-smoking loch!" It was far funnier at the time than it appears to be in the written word. It is a place I dearly love and the general decline is a very sad matter. I stopped going in 2012 and even then caught more escapees than wild salmon. 2 escapes to one wild fish!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast