Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  68
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    Iíve not lost one at the net yet when netting a fish for someone else (usually!)
    prefer that to my usual beaching on stones, booting it up the gravel bar and taking a dive/rugby tackle on it.

😂 This is my preferred method. After the rugby tackle I have a fumble about in my waders for the camera, take a couple of terrible pictures (just to prove to the wife that I actually caught something this time and spending silly money on fishing IS worthwhile), then release it unharmed to fight another day!

I'd better take cover now!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Passmore View Post
    I hope you don't mind me asking, but how many of those critical about the 'netting' have actually worked as a professional ghillie?

Regards

NHP
    I certainly don't mind, I hope you don't mind my reply. No, I haven't worked as a professional ghillie. If I had, I certainly wouldn't have been taking swipes at a fish that, in my opinion, wasn't ready for the net. I admit that the presence of a camera may have been offputting.

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

The Thurso dafties were most likely trying to drag in the sprat quickly in order to get a chance at a decent sized fish for the camera. Probable 15lb Maxima and a biggish rod = just drag it in. No harm done other than the **** taking GD will be getting in the pub.

Do 90% of us really care how the fish was netted? If my mates netting a fish I'm shouting at him "just get it in the f#c>in net." Yes the guy is a pro but give him some slack.

At least we're watching a NEW fishing programme instead of some repeat on Discovery from 20 years ago or some guy sitting in a Bivvy for 3 weeks in France waiting on a carp called Stan!!!

Why dont we focus on the positive aspects of the programme especially with some of the more Northern rivers seemingly having a decent run. It may not cover the whole fish farming thing (that's not what the programmes about although would be a good voice)but keeps me going through the winter months. Bring back Paul Young (Shug the Lug)!! 👂

I've almost convinced myself I'm going to catch more than 1 salmon this year!

I think people (including me) were just having a leg pull and a giggle about "the netting incident" ! Its certainly not a big issue but was inevitably going to lead to a bit of p taking on a salmon fishing forum.

The programme was very good and looking forward to the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by spruce View Post
    I certainly don't mind, I hope you don't mind my reply. No, I haven't worked as a professional ghillie. If I had, I certainly wouldn't have been taking swipes at a fish that, in my opinion, wasn't ready for the net. I admit that the presence of a camera may have been offputting.

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

I welcome your reply. If you were going about your day job, not generally in the public eye, in front of a distracting film crew, then someone you've probably never met called, say, Fir Tree, lambastes you, anonymously, on a public platform for perhaps having a less than perfect day at the office how would you feel?

Regards

NHP
    Last edited by Nigel Passmore; Yesterday at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Passmore View Post
    I hope you don't mind me asking, but how many of those critical about the 'netting' have actually worked as a professional ghillie?

Regards

NHP
    I have, but I'm not criticising the man. Salmon, like women, can make fools of us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Loxie View Post
    I have, but I'm not criticising the man. Salmon, like women, can make fools of us all!
    Quite so.

Regards

NHP

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678