Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  99
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

One of my favourite "days out" is parking at Inverkirkaig, walk up the river Kirkaig (always taking a diversion to look into the falls pool) , fishing in loch Fionn for a bit, climb up Suilven, take in the views and take a few pics, back down to fish Fionn again and eventually back down to Inverkirkaig.

Last couple of times, back to the tent for a 4 litre shower then a late fish on a loch that comes alive on the edge of dark.

Great combination of fishing, views, wildlife, exercise and generally being out in the wild.

Fantastic on a sunny day in June or July !

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyo View Post
    Well done, bet he was well pleased. what's the water level like on the wear just now? was up there last friday and it's not changed in a while (well over the last couple of month I've been going up there.)

Mick
    He was well chuffed. Said I can't go fishing with him any more as he catches more when I'm not there! I told him it was a very weak correlation and there isn't enough data to prove I'm his jinx but he wasn't listening!
    It's been summer lows for a while now. Had about 3ft down the whole river 2 days ago so yesterday was 8-10" and clearing. I went down to Durham at lunchtime yesterday and a few fish moving through but not as many as I expected. There wasn't even many in the fish mincer which is a sign they weren't piling through. Last October you could easily see and hear the fish getting smashed off the cages by the screw from the opposite side of the river. Today is 6" and clearing, hoping to get out after work for some good sport if my son allows me to.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    He was well chuffed. Said I can't go fishing with him any more as he catches more when I'm not there! I told him it was a very weak correlation and there isn't enough data to prove I'm his jinx but he wasn't listening!
    It's been summer lows for a while now. Had about 3ft down the whole river 2 days ago so yesterday was 8-10" and clearing. I went down to Durham at lunchtime yesterday and a few fish moving through but not as many as I expected. There wasn't even many in the fish mincer which is a sign they weren't piling through. Last October you could easily see and hear the fish getting smashed off the cages by the screw from the opposite side of the river. Today is 6" and clearing, hoping to get out after work for some good sport if my son allows me to.
    HeHe! I'm sure he'll keep you right

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    If you give seeking the details of your previous trips, im sure he could come up with some good statistics and graphs to help prove it was just coincidence.

Cheers

Mows

Quote Originally Posted by Occasional salmon fisher View Post
    One of my favourite "days out" is parking at Inverkirkaig, walk up the river Kirkaig (always taking a diversion to look into the falls pool) , fishing in loch Fionn for a bit, climb up Suilven, take in the views and take a few pics, back down to fish Fionn again and eventually back down to Inverkirkaig.

Last couple of times, back to the tent for a 4 litre shower then a late fish on a loch that comes alive on the edge of dark.

Great combination of fishing, views, wildlife, exercise and generally being out in the wild.

Fantastic on a sunny day in June or July !
    Sound Fabulous

Mick

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456