Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Devon Mcminnow Minnows

Hey guys iam ordering some 2nite for the season and iam confused as to what kind and size to buy??could some1 plz tell me which ones suit for early spring fishing thanks in advance ross

Give McMinnow a PM
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work

Quote Originally Posted by roeboy View Post
    Give McMinnow a PM
    I agree that Mac knows his stuff and will keep you right on what travels well.
    My personal advice is to try a 1" metallic ruby red Devon minnow in a variety of water conditions and to progress to 2" and 3" sizes dependant on water level.
    The humble and overlooked Devon Minnow will continue to catch salmon when other more popular methods are exhausted.
    Mike

for early spring fishing,it would be a floating yellow and green 3 inch devon for me,fished steadily through a pool with a bouncing betty or similair weight

We all have our own preferences which doesn't really help. In Spring and on anything but a small river I would probably use a 3" or 2.75" weighted devon or a 3" wooden floater with a 30gms Bouncing Betty.

Red/Ruby is probably better as a late season colour so I would fish a Black/Yellow or Black/Gold (or Black/Red/Gold). Brown/Gold, Green/Yellow are also popular and I've had good results on a Green/Gold.