Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  83
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing Car?

Quote Originally Posted by Niccancatch View Post
    They all turn up in that sh*** because they have small c***s and over inflated ego’s!
    Have you ever driven a 4x4 wee man

Quote Originally Posted by rm100 View Post
    Have you ever driven a 4x4 wee man
    Many,big boy
    Where There's Big Un's There's Little Un's!!Hidden Content

What ever you do, do not buy a LR. Lost count of the number I've seen either broken down or on the back of a flatbed tow truck.
    Stick with something Japanese. I've had my 2008 X-trail from new. never missed a beat, stick with the manual 173 you'll not go wrong.
    Also easily the equal of the LR Freelander 2 off road, with out the reliability issues. Never heard of a single problem with Nissans i 4x4 system. Fitted four new Toyo ATs last year, was amazed with the offroad abiltiy. As ever limiting factor usually comes down to ground clearance.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by SMS View Post
    What ever you do, do not buy a LR. Lost count of the number I've seen either broken down or on the back of a flatbed tow truck.
    Stick with something Japanese. I've had my 2008 X-trail from new. never missed a beat, stick with the manual 173 you'll not go wrong.
    Also easily the equal of the LR Freelander 2 off road, with out the reliability issues. Never heard of a single problem with Nissans i 4x4 system. Fitted four new Toyo ATs last year, was amazed with the offroad abiltiy. As ever limiting factor usually comes down to ground clearance.
    Hope this helps.
    Really!!

Quote Originally Posted by heather point View Post
    Really!!
    Yep, effortless. Of course there's as many clips showing the X- trail doing exactly the same thing.

Worked in the Sahara desert for a number of years, we had a fleet of Land Rover defenders, Nissan Patrols and Toyota Land Cruisers. The Nissan's and Toyota's were ultra reliable and unbelievable off road, the Land Rovers were the complete opposite, always broken and always stuck. In such an environment ones life could depended on the reliability and performance of the vehicle. We ended up just using the LR around the town not to far from base.
    That's my experience of LR, not for me I'm afraid.

I always fancied a Subaru Forester as a fishing car , bit more refined than a pick up 4x4.
    I use my l200 work truck gets me most places I want to go being 4x4.

Ive owned a couple of defenders still have one in the fleet now would say comfort and reliable they are not! The best 4x4 I have every owned was an old G wagon wich I wish I had never sold , absolutely destroyed my old 90 even with road tyres on off road , the diff locks and whole transmission , chassis was amazing unfortunately the wiring cought fire after I ran out of fuses and used a penny for a blown wiper to get me out of trouble in heavy rain on the motorway..was a very old car though.and got more than double my money back selling it.

Land Rovers are like marmite, you either love them or hate them.
    The only one I love is the Freelander 2.
    The defender, well, you would be better off with a Massey Ferguson tractor which would be faster, more comfortable and you could take in ploughing at the weekends.
    The bigger Land Rovers are just money pits although very nice when they are going which is not often.
    It is a shame that they discontinued the Freelander as the Discovery Sport is a much more expensive option.

Bit late, but the Mk2 Kia Sportage.Mines 11yrs old now from new.Reliability is unquestionable, running costs are very reasonable,33mpg for diesel on m/way or in town,2 wheel drive with switchable 4 wheel drive.4x4 capability has never let me down at all any where.Excellent comfort on m/way cruising, leather heated seats ,air con, sun roof.Love mine to bits, will take two adults and all luggage and fishing gear for a weeks fishing in comfort,BIIIIGGGGG load space with the seats down, easily sleep orientated.
    I'd have another exactly the same no problems.
    Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattytree View Post
    Ive owned a couple of defenders still have one in the fleet now would say comfort and reliable they are not! The best 4x4 I have every owned was an old G wagon wich I wish I had never sold , absolutely destroyed my old 90 even with road tyres on off road , the diff locks and whole transmission , chassis was amazing unfortunately the wiring cought fire after I ran out of fuses and used a penny for a blown wiper to get me out of trouble in heavy rain on the motorway..was a very old car though.and got more than double my money back selling it.
    They are superb, not surprised how well it sold for you, very difficult to come across in the second hand market.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast