Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Park!!! What a shame.

I see Park on Dee have no fish for the week, what a shame.
    A great beat to fish with some stunning pools and reasonably priced for Spring fishing.
    Can a big part of the problem be that it has few rods fishing it?

Iíve not fished park before but have booked a couple of days in September, but I would really like to know why catches are down early and why there's a difference between early/late catches.

Quote Originally Posted by FloatinglineNelly View Post
    I see Park on Dee have no fish for the week, what a shame.
    A great beat to fish with some stunning pools and reasonably priced for Spring fishing.
    Can a big part of the problem be that it has few rods fishing it?
    I think you will probably find a lot of beats on all the big 4 rivers have had no fish all week .

I was on a tay beat last week , mid week and i was the only rod , same the week before .
    Lots of these beats are only getting fished hard on a saturday, hence low or zero catches.

There is obviously lack of fish also.

I fished park last spring and seals were a problem .

Default Park

There were a good few rods on it yesterday, including me. Never saw a splash in what looked like perfect conditions. Fished Durris stream and Bakebear, both of which should have been bankers.

Park is a cracking place to fish. How many other beats didn't record a fish last week? The vast majority. So, a little unfair to focus on Park perhaps. Yes, early catches are down a lot. However, so are many many other Dee beats. It is however still out fishing the Tay and Tweed week after week this year. It remains a good choice of water if you're planning on an early spring cast in Scotland.
    Whether you want to fish early springtime is another question (dispite the supposed change to spring runs on some rivers and the excellent numbers of fish we are told are teaming in our rivers).

We 16 rods fished a well known middle beat as an annual meet up on the Tay and not one fish was caught. Bad all over tbh and last time I looked there was only three fish caught in the whole river. So it's not just Park or even the Dee in particular.

I think Park fishes best with about 1 foot on the gauge. The river has been up and down like a yo yo for last 2 weeks and all the fish to be in the middle river with the high flows. 73 springers last week with not that many rods out and unsettled conditions, doesn't seem that bad to me?

I'm sure if you look at the last 5 to poss 10 year early Spring catches ,( by spring I mean Feb till April ) for what the Dee was known for, you will notice a dramatic decline. These lower beats fished fantastic when we had cold winters, cold spring, and often grue floating down. We havent had that situation for some time and it's rare now. Hence warmer water, nothing to slow the fish up. So they no longer stop their, and you need one fish to stop to make his mates stop alongside him.
    Also the regular seals gobbling up the kelts, again no fish in the pool for the new arrivals to stop next to and chew the fat. On a personal level my money would not be spent their even at £20 a day.
    Nae fush, noo a days early season.
    As they say nothing is forever, things change, and change they do.
    Lower middle, and middle Dee is my choice for wetting a line.

IMO park and other beats on the dee and other rivers are reaping what they have being sowing for years thinking they have elite beats on elite rivers and charging over the odds to fish them.Now that posh boy has even given up paying up front for travel, hotels, and fishing not knowing what weather and water conditions will be on arrival or if the fish will play ball or even be there at all.Some beats have cut their prices this season but maybe the confidence has gone.Ido think if all the rods on the dee were let catches would double or treble but next season so would the prices. So do i think its a shame eh no. The only people i feel sorry for are the gillies no rods no tips. I would rather fish club water where i could turn up with my smelly fishing jumper and my jacket that the mice in the shed have taken a liken to and take along my spinning gear with a tub of garden flies if the water is high and coloured .

Quote Originally Posted by SOS View Post
    IMO park and other beats on the dee and other rivers are reaping what they have being sowing for years thinking they have elite beats on elite rivers and charging over the odds to fish them.Now that posh boy has even given up paying up front for travel, hotels, and fishing not knowing what weather and water conditions will be on arrival or if the fish will play ball or even be there at all.Some beats have cut their prices this season but maybe the confidence has gone.Ido think if all the rods on the dee were let catches would double or treble but next season so would the prices. So do i think its a shame eh no. The only people i feel sorry for are the gillies no rods no tips. I would rather fish club water where i could turn up with my smelly fishing jumper and my jacket that the mice in the shed have taken a liken to and take along my spinning gear with a tub of garden flies if the water is high and coloured .
    Dinny hold back SOS, say what you mean lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast