Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Default Place to Practice Casting - Newcastle

Hey All,

I moved to Newcastle about six weeks and was looking to get a bit of casting practice after work in the evening.

Is there anywhere suitable close to North Shields or Heaton/ Jesmond area?

Thanks.

Try sending a PM to Springer who lives and teaches at Wylam.

For grass town Moor or playing fields near blue house roundabout. Water maybe the lakes at exhibition park or the park behind the rvi near St James Park. Leaves park I think
    Last edited by chasb; 24-08-2016 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acerspader View Post
    Hey All,

I moved to Newcastle about six weeks and was looking to get a bit of casting practice after work in the evening.

Is there anywhere suitable close to North Shields or Heaton/ Jesmond area?

Thanks.
    Have a look at North East Fly Casting Club. I'm the treasurer/coach/event organiser/general dogs body. North East Fly Casting Club
    We based at Corbridge and have access to the water for casting above the bridge on Monday evenings where we run a drop in sessions between may and August. Membership is 15 per year basic and 75 for enhanced. Website gives details on what you get for your membership. we have 2 advanced aapgai instructors on our books. Do structured double handed and single handed Spey casting courses, fly tying, trout fishing courses and run trips away to Spey/Tay and on home rivers. best to look in the website as lots going on albeit mostly finished now but something to look at for 2017
    Drop me a pm if any q's
    Cheers
    Ben
    Last edited by kingfishben; 24-08-2016 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by chasb View Post
    For grass town Moor or playing fields near blue house roundabout. Water maybe the lakes at exhibition park or the park behind the rvi near St James Park. Leaves park I think
    Leazes Park between the hospital (RVI), Richardson Road and St James Park.
    There were some carp and carp fishers on it when I was there (long time ago) who you might **** off with casting practice!
    Last edited by neilt; 26-08-2016 at 07:24 AM.