Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Gye Net

Default Gye Net

Can anyone tell me where I can get my leather Gye net sling repaired. I still have and still using my Sharpes 22" Gye net which I bought new 48 years ago. The leather sling has broken and it needs repairing probably with a splice. I know that I can buy a new sling but this net and sling really has sentimental value to me. If anyone can put me on to someone who does repairs it would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Fish where there is most fish and you are 90% there to becoming a successful angler.

Going on the age of your net the maintenance department of the Victoria and Albert Museum might be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrish View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I can get my leather Gye net sling repaired. I still have and still using my Sharpes 22" Gye net which I bought new 48 years ago. The leather sling has broken and it needs repairing probably with a splice. I know that I can buy a new sling but this net and sling really has sentimental value to me. If anyone can put me on to someone who does repairs it would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help you can give.

This man does great work, would be happy to repair https://www.facebook.com/bespokeleathercraft/?fref=ts

If you have a saddler nearby then they should be able to repair it without too much trouble.

A good old fashioned cobblers shop (if you have something like that near you) will fix it for you.....

Moore Leather: Moore Leather

He does a lot of work with slings etc for old rifles of Great War Vintage and is well worth contacting as your requirement is close to what he works with.

Well known in the shooting community.