Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Default Keithick mains river Isla.

Hi I've got a day booked on this beat/ river but never fished it before, has anyone any info or advice? Thanks in advance

I fished it for the first time in may, mainly deep slow water, there were a few fish about, all i managed was one follow,

Its not that good for the fly, spinning black flying c's was what i was told, not sure if you can worm it now, as i say it was may i fished, the very top of the beat was the place i seen most of the fish lying,

Not much but i hope it helps
    AA

I used to be in a syndicate a number of years back, that fished the Links Farm beat on the Isla. The beat immediately above was called Keithick and you bought permits for that beat in the Blairgowrie tackle shops.
    The bottom of the Keithick beat had a lovely long streamy run and a couple of small croys and the locals did well in this run. They seemed to use very small flies almost trout size.
    The picture shows the top of Links Farm beat, mostly canal like, and Keithick was round the bend beyond the 2 swans!
    Good luck.
    Mike

How did you do on the Links Farm beat Mike and when best to go etc.

I joined the Perth and district angling club this year and we have access to it, but it does look a little sedate for me, but might well be worth a throw of something?

[QUOTE=kingfisher;895416]How did you do on the Links Farm beat Mike and when best to go etc.

I joined the Perth and district angling club this year and we have access to it, but it does look a little sedate for me, but might well be worth a throw of something?[/QUOTE
    In my time the beat was managed by Dougie Morison Kinnear Fishing Check his website It looks like he still has it. Best time was when the Tay at Islamouth and the Isla were reporting good catches.
    Links Farm had a few good fly runs but a lot of it was typical Isla canal! I had a few fish off it but my problem was living nearly 70 miles from the beat and trying to get there when it was fishing well!
    Mike
    Last edited by clydesider; 07-07-2016 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clydesider View Post
    I used to be in a syndicate a number of years back, that fished the Links Farm beat on the Isla. The beat immediately above was called Keithick and you bought permits for that beat in the Blairgowrie tackle shops.
    The bottom of the Keithick beat had a lovely long streamy run and a couple of small croys and the locals did well in this run. They seemed to use very small flies almost trout size.
    The picture shows the top of Links Farm beat, mostly canal like, and Keithick was round the bend beyond the 2 swans!
    Good luck.
    Mike
    Thanks Mike. The Islamouth has been consistently catching a few for past few week and a few caught above keithick mains too, so hopefully by next week I will be in the right place at the right time. Not been out fishing at all this season so it will be good to get fishing again

Default Pressure

Quite a bit of pressure off the opposite beat Isla bank spoils your days fishing, as they get anchoured on the best taking pools, and Keithick and Islabank both worm fish from the start of the season,
    The Tay District Salmon Fisheries Board state,Anglers should not fish with worms ?

Quote Originally Posted by shepter View Post
    Quite a bit of pressure off the opposite beat Isla bank spoils your days fishing, as they get anchoured on the best taking pools, and Keithick and Islabank both worm fish from the start of the season,
    The Tay District Salmon Fisheries Board state,Anglers should not fish with worms ?
    I think it's just a recommendation and is upto each beat to decide what they allow

Quote Originally Posted by shepter View Post
    I'm sure your allowed to fish with worm from 1st June till end of season