Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  28

Default Vision Rods Come Good

Sometimes companies can cheer you up.

A few weeks ago I snapped my Vision switch rod in two breaking two sections. I was fed up and imagined an expensive time ahead.

Firstly I phoned the well known company I had purchased the rod from to explore if they could provide replacement sections. They could, good news, but at a cost of 90 per section. Not so good.

Then I contacted Vision directly by email. An hour later I had a phone call. 'Did I have the receipt?'
    'Yes'
    'When did you buy the rod'
    'May 2014'
    'Please would you scan and email me a copy of the receipt?'
    'Yes'

An hour later another phone call.
    'Thanks for the email, that's not a problem, we can replace the two sections for you, 45, they will be couriered to you today'
    '45 per section plus postage?'
    'No, just 45'.

The two new sections arrived directly. In my book that is extremely good service and good value. 18 Months after purchasing the rod to get two sections replaced for 45, including postage with absolutely no quibbles or difficulties whatsoever and to be processed so quickly was excellent.

I can only agree about Vision. I had an issue with a bit of stitching on some Vision wading boots, Jim Williams from Vision happened to see the boots on a Wye Salmon Association day out and replaced them FOC. Great kit, great service, I wonder if Simms would do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by JSO View Post
    I can only agree about Vision. I had an issue with a bit of stitching on some Vision wading boots, Jim Williams from Vision happened to see the boots on a Wye Salmon Association day out and replaced them FOC. Great kit, great service, I wonder if Simms would do the same?
    Well I will put you out your misery about wondering if Simms would do the same....

Absolutely no way they don't do anything like that.

I sent a set of Simms boots back saying I expected them to wear harder than they had, they got replaced with a brand new pair, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by andy345 View Post
    I sent a set of Simms boots back saying I expected them to wear harder than they had, they got replaced with a brand new pair, no questions asked.
    Lucky you !

I am a fan of vision I use cult and tool rods in various sizes with xlb reels, I broke a rod playing a fish maybe a bit too hard and they replaced it foc.
    Last edited by happy days; 19-11-2015 at 11:28 PM.