Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: winter fishing

Default winter fishing

Just wondering if anybody goes up the east coast for cod during the winter?
    I got right into it a couple years ago even joined a club which I learned a lot from there were a couple guys who were internationals
    But I did not enjoy the pressure of the competition side of it which I felt took any enjoyment from it
    If anyone fancies going this year I'd happily go as it can be a good Day/night out
    (Mergus merganser) the end of life as we know it......

yes go out for the cod regularly in the winter, had more blanks than good days but it keeps you going when the rivers are closed.
    oh, oh, oh......... nah another troot!!

Yup! Salmon gear will be laid away next Sunday and the codding gear will be getting looked out. Certainly makes the winter go in quicker
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Default Shore Angler website

If you want to make some contact with some cod regulars on the east coast from Dundee up to Peterhead, I would suggest you try the Scotland section of this site. The banter can be hilarious, and most of the regulars share their know-how quite freely, without giving away their favourite marks of course. But rocks at night are dangerous, and every year there are drownings, so please be careful. I only fish from harbours at night nowadays, since I have lost my agility with the passage of the years. If you want to see the power of the sea, go on to fishing at Arbroath Harbour on YouTube. There is a webcam at Arbroath which gives you the sea state in real time.

Default Codhead Bob's websites

Forgot to mention these. Very detailed descriptions of access to many marks in Fife. Really excellent.